+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

And by the way.. The studies from post #10 are meaningless. None of them showed IGF1 increasing hair counts. All but one of them are about VEGF which has nothing to do with IGF1.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    You obviously did not follow all the histogen threads and pictures. You can research it yourself and see its not as good as they lead on, which wasn't that good in the first place. Somehow a study from 1996 is invalid but rat studies on rats with no MPB is first class? Lol.
    The study that you have posted is talking about HIGH level of IGF1. Doesn't mean anything for IGF1 at normal level, like the other studies, more recents, and Follicept.

Histogen isn't a cure but for me it's a better option than Fina + Minox. If you say not, i don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    And by the way.. The studies from post #10 are meaningless. None of them showed IGF1 increasing hair counts. All but one of them are about VEGF which has nothing to do with IGF1.
    Bravo ! Who have said this a study for IGF1 ? READ well my post. This is for an another and hypothetical growth factor. You don't understand nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    The study that you have posted is talking about HIGH level of IGF1. Doesn't mean anything for IGF1 at normal level, like the other studies, more recents, and Follicept.

Histogen isn't a cure but for me it's a better option than Fina + Minox. If you say not, i don't care.
    Wrong. Read the study again. It's showing how dermal papillas will produce binding proteins to minimize the localized IGF-1. It shows this happening with retinoids, steroids, and direct IGF-1 action. It does not say what concentration IGF-1 was cultured so your comment is invalid.

And ?

I read again your study. And I will explain you why I tell you "high level" because you don't understand well your Own post with the Study.

" The IGFBP-3, in turn, forms a complex with free IGF1 to reduce the concentration of IGF1 available to stimulate hair elongation and maintenance of anagen phase ". (Conclusion from your study)

So " The free Igf1 stimulates the proliferation of keratinocytes (skin cells below the scalp). As the keratinocytes mature, they migrate to the top of the scalp and become what is known as corneocytes. If all goes well, the corneocytes are supposed to be shed off the scalp in a process called apoptosis. The shedding of corneocytes or the apoptosis of corneocytes, is under the influence of IGFBP-3 (insulin-like-growth-factor-binding-protein-3) and endogenous retinoids ". In men with male-pattern-baldness, they have excess free-IGF-1 and not enough IGFBP-3 .

IF YOU SEE AN ANOTHER STUDY TO UNDESTAND YOUR OWN POST :
    "Those with vertex balding had high IGF-1 levels and low circulating levels of IGFBP-3 "

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10827403

On your study, the author tells that " However, little is known about IGF1 signaling in the hair follicle. " So he didn't know well the IGF1 signaling, in 1996.

"The IGFBP-3, in turn, forms a complex with free IGF1 to reduce the concentration of IGF1 available " (from your study)
    So, If we can increase IGF1 directly into the Dermal papilla, we can "stimulate hair elongation and maintenance of anagen phase". And Not increasing IGF1 on our blood.

If we can increase IGF1 directly into the follicle, so IGF1 is enough to stimulate hair elongation and maintenance of anagen phase. You study prove that ! Follicept is for me a possible treatment.

Who cares about IGF-1? It's not going to work anyway, aside from unicorn land.

I read again your study. And I will explain you why I tell you "high level" because you don't understand well your Own post with the Study.

" The IGFBP-3, in turn, forms a complex with free IGF1 to reduce the concentration of IGF1 available to stimulate hair elongation and maintenance of anagen phase ". (Conclusion from your study)

So " The free Igf1 stimulates the proliferation of keratinocytes (skin cells below the scalp). As the keratinocytes mature, they migrate to the top of the scalp and become what is known as corneocytes. If all goes well, the corneocytes are supposed to be shed off the scalp in a process called apoptosis. The shedding of corneocytes or the apoptosis of corneocytes, is under the influence of IGFBP-3 (insulin-like-growth-factor-binding-protein-3) and endogenous retinoids ". In men with male-pattern-baldness, they have excess free-IGF-1 and not enough IGFBP-3 .

IF YOU SEE AN ANOTHER STUDY TO UNDESTAND YOUR OWN POST :
    "Those with vertex balding had high IGF-1 levels and low circulating levels of IGFBP-3 "

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10827403

On your study, the author tells that " However, little is known about IGF1 signaling in the hair follicle. " So he didn't know well the IGF1 signaling, in 1996.

"The IGFBP-3, in turn, forms a complex with free IGF1 to reduce the concentration of IGF1 available " (from your study)
    So, If we can increase IGF1 directly into the Dermal papilla, we can "stimulate hair elongation and maintenance of anagen phase". And Not increasing IGF1 on our blood.

If we can increase IGF1 directly into the follicle, so IGF1 is enough to stimulate hair elongation and maintenance of anagen phase. You study prove that ! Follicept is for me a possible treatment.
    I'm done with this. You are just grasping. It is well known balding DPs are smaller and produce much less growth factors than non-balding. You do not understand binding proteins. Your last post was completely flawded. Have fun making things up. I'm out.

May be beneficial for the restoration of human hair loss and which may be used as an alternative to synthetic drugs.

" Local injection of IGF-1 increased hair follicle number and prolonged the growing phase during the transition from anagen to telogen. Meanwhile, immunology analyses revealed that IGF-1 also stimulated the proliferation of follicle cells in anagen of the matrix and down regulated TGF-β1 expression in hair follicles. "

source :http://www.growthhormoneigfresearch....%2900023-9/pdf

And here an other abstract published on 4 december 2014 :
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25484129
    You were ahead of your time!

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    You were ahead of your time!
    Many thanks Devon, I'm really exciting about your company. Stay strong