X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fleur de lis
    • Oct 2009

Topical Spiro--Experiences with usage

Hello Gentlemen,

I am a 48 yr old gal with some areas of AGA---and I cannot use oral Spiro due to sides--as I already have low BP and a history of tumors in the family

I have some topical Spiro--compounded for me

My question--does this cause shedding like Minox? I know all new H Growth treatments "can" ( or that's the party line) but Topical Spiro is a DHT inhibitor/blocker--not a growth stimulant like Minox

I've already tried out the Women's forum(s) on this topic--they all referred me to this forum for further info/advice--as most gals use the Oral Spiro--not the topical form

Did you see results with the Topical Spiro? and if so did you use the 2% or the 5%?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
  • fleur de lis
    • Oct 2009

Nobody wants to reply?

Come on, someone here has used this treatment--you don't want to share your experiences with me?

Just cuz I'm a girl--doesn't mean HL isn't devastating for me

I am in the process of ordering a wig, and DH is looking into the PRP thread for me--this devastated him watching this happen "yet again" as much as it does me

Maybe I have bad breath? but my Hubby is about ready to come out here and start posting--to see if he can get any answers

Comment

• Delphi
      • Mar 2009

I Don’t think the reason why people are not responding to you has anything to do with you being a woman. Topical Spiro is an old school remedy that has no real evidence that it works for hair loss. It can also carry a very bad odor and is only provided by a few internet companies who sell hair loss products. No one uses the stuff around here that I am aware of.

Comment

• fleur de lis
        • Oct 2009

Spiro doesn't have to reek!

Not all Topical Spiro stinks--a good compounding Pharmacist can do a scented
        version that doesn't smell bad

I would know, I'm using a 2% solution on my sides and temples currently ( just started this week) and it doesn't even smell the next day

Just keep Minox and the Spiro apart

Many people cannot/will not play with their hormones right off the bat by using drugs like oral Spiro---it blocks DHT, but not just at the scalp--ever wonder what happens to the "T" in those gals---you know it cascades into one of the other hormones, and the sides can be rough

It has also been known to cause "hyperadrogenic" changes---"T" levels higher than prior to use of Spiro

Then you have to go off the drug---and get to enjoy the dredd shed

If it works in lower levels, I'm ok with it--but the 200mg needed for most ladies is too hard on the body long term

Comment

Working...