+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default These guys too claim they are onto something.

It is interesting that these researchers are thinking of developing a drug that activates these stem cells. Well, there should not be 10 years of development as JAK inhibitors and related drugs are likely able to do that.
    Anyway, why not forget about drugs and culturing the cells like Replicel etc? I guess this group is not worth following...

for some reasons, i did not get excited at all.

i read the same article on another news site but with more details. it was mentioned they are using a special portion of dermal sheath cup cells. the same like replicel.

it tells us that replicel is on a good way and that their theory with DSC cells is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i read the same article on another news site but with more details. it was mentioned they are using a special portion of dermal sheath cup cells. the same like replicel.

it tells us that replicel is on a good way and that their theory with DSC cells is legit.
    Well, that sounds cool. Do you have a link to this article?
    I am courious if they know about Replicel. If no it would be strange that they don't do any research in this field so they dont duplicate someones work.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post

Do you mean this study? http://www.cell.com/developmental-ce...807(14)00688-1

Where did they pull that 10 year figure? Why 10? Why not 9, or 11, or 2? They've apparently done the research, so what does another 10 years of doing whatever tell them that they dont know now?

So basically this is the same work from Dr. Rolf Hoffmann and Dr. Kevin McElwee from... you guessed it, Replicel.

However, if you watch the video you'll get a wicked laugh;

1) The video starts off by ignoring people with actual alopecia and go STRAIGHT to cancer patients (again, men with AGA don't deserve sympathy)
    2) They've been working on a knockoff of Replicel's method for 4 years..... LOL
    3) Dr. Biernaskie says it will be at 5+ years before he knows if it works..... LOOOOL
    4) The woman that sells wigs for cancer patients says its not far away...... LOOOOOOOOOL
    5) Eventhough they dont knwo if it works, its 10 years for clinical trials...? LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Scroll down and read the comments too. Even after the video SPECIFICALLY ignores AGA and tries to build sympathy using chemo patients, people STILL mock the situation and call it vanity.

Nice find by Dr. Biernaskie... except it's been done already.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    So basically this is the same work from Dr. Rolf Hoffmann and Dr. Kevin McElwee from... you guessed it, Replicel.

1) The video starts off by ignoring people with actual alopecia and go STRAIGHT to cancer patients (again, men with AGA don't deserve sympathy)
    2) They've been working on a knockoff of Replicel's method for 4 years..... LOL
    3) Dr. Biernaskie says it will be at 5+ years before he knows if it works..... LOOOOL
    4) The woman that sells wigs for cancer patients says its not far away...... LOOOOOOOOOL
    5) Eventhough they dont knwo if it works, its 10 years for clinical trials...? LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Scroll down and read the comments too. Even after the video SPECIFICALLY ignores AGA and tries to build sympathy using chemo patients, people STILL mock the situation and call it vanity.

Nice find by Dr. Biernaskie... except it's been done already.
    b
    I agree with you that stories like this are a joke but to say nobody cares about our condition just isn't true. We have potential working cures on the pipeline within the decade (histogen, replicel) with other great researchers like lauster and christiano that have been and continue to contribute plus however many we don't hear about. I get frustrated too but I have hope for the future based on the things I see. That's why we're all here

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

It's a conspiracy for hairloss sufferers. You forgat to mention the role of women to that pathetic situation.