+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RU sides

Default RU sides

After a few days on RU, at 5%, I'm experiencing the same sides I had on finasteride only less severe. It seems we cannot win by fighting hair loss through this venue. What good is hair if you can't be a man with it?

My next stop will be trying Hasson and Wong's topical fin when I have a chance to fly up there for the prescription. Otherwise I'll pay to use CB at 5% 2x a day or try to get bim in 5% somewhere.

FTL

Damn bro it sucks ! I would try that topical next ! Also the natural route of dht blockers . Look up antup post he is very smart

Topical finasteride will go systematic. Did you try a lower dosage of RU? Some people get away with maintaining at even 20mg-30mg

I am using around 5% daily for over 1 month. Seems no side.

I don't hear many people getting sides from topical fin

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Topical finasteride will go systematic. Did you try a lower dosage of RU? Some people get away with maintaining at even 20mg-30mg
    I haven't tried a lower dose of RU, but I guess I might as well while I have it. I will give it a few days until I'm side effect free to try this dose.

I should also note, that I tried pure fin powder at .1% vs. crushed up pills at .1% and I had far less sides with the pure fin powder, suggesting that the enhancers in the pills can increase sides. I'm interested in trying to find a balance between vehicle and dosage that could give me some results but with bearable sides. I think this is possible. I know Hasson and Wong has given their formula to 50 patients that had sides with oral fin, and none of them have had sides with their topical.

I'm not getting any sides with RU at 3.3%. I definitely would have noticed even a slight fluctuation in performance and so would my girlfriend. There are no issues there. I haven't heard many people getting sides with RU. If you're sure the sides can be attributed to RU then lowering the dose or stopping would be the right thing to do. Not worth the risk. Honestly, surprised you are getting sides but suppose everyone is different. Keep us updated with your progress/results and if you notice any further changes RE: sides/regrowth.

I had sides with Ru after one week on 20 mg and I freaked out and threw my batch away. I'm now on Topical Fin and the sides are back plus some gyno (great!) but I'm now tolerating through it as my gyno fluctuates and the guy down there still functions pretty well (no trouble getting it up and still have morning wood. erections aren't always as great and lower libido though).

I can't say the results hair wise are impressive though. My shedding was off the charts these past 2 weeks but it might have been connecting to me pickng up smoking again. I've now wuit again and things seem to be stabilizing. I just hope I can get some of those hairs back from the last 2 weeks.

I have now ordered another batch of Ru. I'm hoping to quit Fin and stay on Ru. Might as well stay on Ru if I'm going to be tolerating sides one way or the other. My plan is to use Ru for 1-2 years anyways. I'm hoping Follica, Replicel, Histogen, or something comes through in 1-2 years. If not, and I've lost hair and become bald then I guess it's time to cave in and consider a FUE.

The ru sides subsided a lot faster than fin. I may try it at eod or every three days