Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hiko
    • May 2014

Proscar dosing frequency?

I'm starting 5mg Fin tomorrow and these pills are a lot smaller than I thought. I'm not sure if I can even cut them in quarters. So I was wondering instead of taking 1/4th proscar everyday, would it be equally effective to take the full 5mg pill about twice a week? Thanks.
  • MNAAAAA
    • Dec 2014

I am also wondering this. I got prescribed 1MG fin and due to the price I am just cutting them in half and taking .5 MG per day. I am hoping to go back to the Dr to get bumped up to 5 MG because they cost 1/5 of the price and just cut them down.

Comment

• RanDave
      • Nov 2014

Hi,
      Try to use pill splitter, however it still could be problematic to divide that small pill. You can also crash the pill and then divide the powder in 5 portions. Consult a pharmacist if this method will not damage pill's properties.

P.S. I do not recommend you to take a whole pill (5 mg) at once because it may result in overdose.

Comment

• Soxfaninfl
        • Mar 2012

Get a pill cutter. I quarter my pills just fine with a pill cutter. My pharmacist cuts his in half and takes a half every other day.

Comment

• Johny41
          • Dec 2014

Hi,
          What is the price difference between fin 1mg and 5 mg? Do you buy brand version or generic?

Comment

• Soxfaninfl
            • Mar 2012

Brand name fine from a local pharmacy can run you between 85 to 93 dollars for the 1 mg pill. It may be higher now since there is a generic version of it now. I stopped taking the brand name in March of 2014. Generic 1 mg fin the cheapest I got it was for 52 dollars for a 1 month supply. I only bought the 1 mg generic version a couple of times before I switch to the 5 mg generic version. It may be even cheaper now.

I'm getting 5 mg generic fin for 10 dollars. 30 pills will last you 90 days since you quarter them. Insurance covers the 5 mg pill wheres the 1 mg version it not cover by insurance. I won't buy fin online.

Comment

• Johny41
              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Soxfaninfl
              Brand name fine from a local pharmacy can run you between 85 to 93 dollars for the 1 mg pill. It may be higher now since there is a generic version of it now. I stopped taking the brand name in March of 2014. Generic 1 mg fin the cheapest I got it was for 52 dollars for a 1 month supply. I only bought the 1 mg generic version a couple of times before I switch to the 5 mg generic version. It may be even cheaper now.

I'm getting 5 mg generic fin for 10 dollars. 30 pills will last you 90 days since you quarter them. Insurance covers the 5 mg pill wheres the 1 mg version it not cover by insurance. I won't buy fin online.

I buy generic Fin 1mg online from ok-pharmacy . com and pay even less than you've specified. The price for 30 pills is $36 and including all the discounts (10% permanent discount and 10% Christmas discount) it is $29. The shipping cost is $8, so totally I pay $36 for 30 tablets which is a month supply.

Comment

• Soxfaninfl
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Johny41
                I buy generic Fin 1mg online from ok-pharmacy . com and pay even less than you've specified. The price for 30 pills is $36 and including all the discounts (10% permanent discount and 10% Christmas discount) it is $29. The shipping cost is $8, so totally I pay $36 for 30 tablets which is a month supply.
                I'm glad to hear that it's getting cheaper. Maybe once 1 mg fin gets as cheap what I'm paying now for the 5 mg pill I'll switch back.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                  • Nov 2009

Just get a pill cutter as was suggested. Ppl have been doing this for years. Your cuts don't have to be precise since Finasteride does not have a narrow dosage range for inhibiting 5 alpha reductase

Comment

Working...