Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reddy
    • Dec 2014

telogen effluvium after stopping minoxidil but continuing finasteride

i have been on minoxidil 5% and finasteride 1 mg daily for 12 months where i had excellent results and then stopped minoxidil and continued on finasteride. after 3-4 months of stopping minoxidil i observed thinning of my hair all over the scalp. i heard stopping minoxidil causes telogen effluvium but i did not use minoxidl all over the scalp but hairloss is all over.can anybody explain this? anybody with similar experience? i am again back on minoxidil
  • Swooping
    • May 2014

Minoxidil grew you hair and when you stop you lose it, simple as that.

Comment

• reddy
      • Dec 2014

thanks for the reply dude but i used minoxidil only on my forehead and a little at the vertex.does this affect the entire scalp?

Comment

• reddy
        • Dec 2014

i have been on minoxidil 5% and finasteride 1 mg daily for 12 months where i had excellent results and then stopped minoxidil and continued on finasteride. after 3-4 months of stopping minoxidil i observed thinning of my hair all over the scalp. i heard stopping minoxidil causes telogen effluvium but i did not use minoxidl all over the scalp but hairloss is all over.can anybody explain this? anybody with similar experience? i am again back on minoxidil

Comment

Working...