+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Right now you either take propecia or dutasteride or you just learn to accept it maybe the hair transplant thing later on. I can sum all the options in that one short sentence that is the state of hair loss at the moment.
    Thank you for your response. My babe is not a candidate for propecia at this time. He is in the earliest stage of hair loss so I'm going with the minox foam for now. Not noticeable at all except from me. I'm doing him a preventative service at this point and hope things don't progress until he is a bit older. Teenagers in my book should NOT have to deal with hair loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Yeah my post is a bit messy and long, so it all becomes a bit vague.

I'm advising that if he, in the end, does decide to really start doing something against MPB, he doesn't really have any other choice than fin (yeah he can try ru but I dont see an experiment treatment working for him if he's not willing to start with fin).

Regarding the bold, you made a typo so I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say but I guess it was "MPB can't be so aggressive at such a young age". If this is what you tried saying, then let me give you a hint: it can be. It's not likely though, but most people that start to bald at a young age with a not so great looking family history don't bald slowly and gradually. 1 -1,5 year of not treating your baldness can make a huge difference in your battle.

For some reason your post surprises me a bit. Just skimmed through your thread and you seem like you're on a pretty heavy regime, implying that hair loss is a very big deal to you. Then why shouldn't a 16 year-old start with fin if he's really unhappy with his hair loss? Again, my opinion about her son starting with fin would only be of use if he's really unhappy with his hair loss, which doesn't seem to be the case. But if you look at my case: I'm really unhappy with hair loss. I started fin a very short time after I turned 17. You think this is wrong of me? Should I just have stuck with that weak-ass combination of minox-keto? I know that it's not advisable (if at all) for your body to take fin at such a young age, but we simply don't have other options (well, dut/ru/other topical AA's/etc but if you are against fin at that age then you're against those treatments as well I assume).
    Hair loss is a big deal to me, but there is no way I would sacrifice my development as a man for my hair. I can't believe somebody allowed you to start fin at 17. DHT is important for all manner of things as you grow, even the size of your d*ck...

In the case of the OP, her son is only experiencing slight receding at his hair line, plus he's not even bothered about this hair line. There is no case for him starting anything more than minox + keto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinmyson View Post
    Thank you for your response. My babe is not a candidate for propecia at this time. He is in the earliest stage of hair loss so I'm going with the minox foam for now. Not noticeable at all except from me. I'm doing him a preventative service at this point and hope things don't progress until he is a bit older. Teenagers in my book should NOT have to deal with hair loss!
    I'm not sure if burtandernie has taken the time to see that your boy is 16. Minox should do the job for the next few years, after that it's up to him.

Pretty much what Plan C said;

I outlined on a previous post that fin, dut and RU could be considered when the lad's fully grown, but suggesting these treatments to him before he is a) done developing and b) convinced he even wants to tackle his hair loss is ridiculous.
    If you give Finasteride to a 16 year kid I wouldn't even be surprised if penis tissue wouldn't develop as well as without. Perhaps this might be a strange thing in your ears but this has a high probability if you are going to mess with 5ar2 inhibition in such a young kid. Not to speak of other possible complications/side-effects. Any hormonal intervention is a no-go at that age. You also seem to care more about your son, educate him and let him make his own decision. Minoxidil would probably be the best option if he wants, yes. That's my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Hair loss is a big deal to me, but there is no way I would sacrifice my development as a man for my hair. I can't believe somebody allowed you to start fin at 17. DHT is important for all manner of things as you grow, even the size of your d*ck...
    Well yeah you're right about that, but I didn't really want to wait until I was old enough (taking fin when you're 18 can still be pretty bad imo, something like 20 is better imo).
    Time is key. Anyway, I'm most likely starting RU anyway due to sides so my development can continue (semi)normal. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovinmyson View Post
    Good choice. He probably has more safer (and perhaps better) treatments to choose from anyway when he's older, so that's nice too.

Really appreciate a mother looking after the son, I signed up to this website in part due to the respect I have for such a proactive help.
    The following is advice I would have wished to have gotten when I was 16 and my hair loss is not nearly as bad as someone like prince William.

You need to come to terms that if it is noticeable at 16 and other family members have balded significantly at 18 then it is going to happen VERY soon and get bad VERY soon. Prince Williams hair looked GREAT at 19 and very suspect (and unable to do a modern hairstyle) at 21.

Modern society is a LOT harsher than it has ever been due to narcissism and the metrosexual men phenomenon we have now, what your son will face is a lot worse than an uncle or and grandfather will have faced 20 or 40 years ago.

If I thought I was balding *at 16* and my dad wasn't balding I would feel ashamed and find it difficult to admit, early in the stages of "denial". I certainly wouldn't open up to my mom and tell her how much it was worrying me, it is your job as a parent to assume it is worse for him than he is letting on.

If he is balding REALLY BADLY and is suitable (and can't pull of the bald muscular look) just get him a hair piece when the time comes, minox will not work for more than 1-2 years if the hairloss is super aggressive and it's a fools game to try to stop it with fin *if* it is the super aggressive kind. The timing of this is important as is the facebook "evidence" of previous balding, if he goes to college he can't suddenly start wearing the hair piece the second or third year, he needs to start wearing it during the summer before college to get used to it and so that when he meets new people he can control how his hair timeline is introduced to them.

Rather than focusing on treatments at this point in his life (other than minox which is legit for extending your hair for 2 years) you need to make sure he has fulfilling experiences with the opposite gender, if most girls are shallow from 16-28 he needs to capitalize on the few years he will have access to these women before his baldness becomes a major turnoff. You need to make this his main priority in life, not sport or studying, that can be done later unless you aiming *seriously* to be a doctor or a professional athlete, simply "going to the school of his choice" is not going to be enough to justify wasting these precious years 16-20 before it accelerates and becomes obvious. If he has a serious girlfriend or confidence with girls from having a lot of casual relationships then he will be able to make the transition of becoming a bald man a lot easier.

In the modern world we have the mentality of "school as preparation for life" and in doing so let life go by us, this is tragic for the balding young male, he does not have "time to do that later". Back in the day people got married a lot younger and were allowed to become self actualized a lot earlier, this prolonging is not healthy, even moreso for someone who is balding.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post

In the case of the OP, her son is only experiencing slight receding at his hair line, plus he's not even bothered about this hair line. There is no case for him starting anything more than minox + keto.
    Lol i started when I was 16 and am on DUT at 17, dont think its such a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by TooYoungToobald View Post
    It's a big deal if you've not been prescribed these drugs by a dermatologist. I don't even think a dermatologist would prescribe those for you at that age without having an endocrinologist looking at you first.

Finasteride and Dutasteride is among some of the most dangerous prescription drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by TooYoungToobald View Post
    Guessing your p*nis isn't a 'big deal' either