+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Where Are The HairMax Lasercomb Studies?

Dear Spencer, Months ago when you interviewed David Michaels, one of the inventors of the HairMax Lasercomb, he said that he was going to give you a copy of the study that Lexington presented to the FDA in order for the Lasercomb to gain market clearance, did you ever see the study, and if so what [...]

More...

Default How did HairMax comb recieve FDA approval!!

Hi Dr. Feller,

Just wondering, If HairMax comb doesnt work, how did they obtain FDA approval?

Kind regards
    Aiyosh

Bald and Beautiful AlopecianMuse's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by aiyosh View Post
    Hi Dr. Feller,

Just wondering, If HairMax comb doesnt work, how did they obtain FDA approval?

Kind regards
    Aiyosh
    Hi Aiyosh,
    Dr. Feller responded in another thread previously but I'll paste it here:
    LLLT, from a basic physics standpoint, is absolutely unviable. There are several reasons for this, but the most obvious is that the laser light simply can't reach the body of the hair follicle due to the skins natural "optical barrier". Everybodys skin has such a barrier and it is 100% impermiable to laser light, everytime. This was a major oversite on the part of the LLLT industry and it is causing them much trouble.

Here is a link to a short video that proves this point:
    http://www.fellermedicaldata.com/Video/laser2.wmv
    The physics this video demonstrates is fatal to the LLLT industry which is why they have pressured another forum owner to remove this video from their site.

On two other forums I have asked for LLLT before/after results from the public. After over 10,000 views not a single LLLT advocate could produce even ONE set of convincing photos.

I have asked every major LLLT doctor to produce photos to prove the benefit of the "treatment" they sell to their patients and NONE have responded. The only photos I have seen from such doctors were disceptive at best.

I have also put the question of the "optical barrier" to LLLT doctors, and again not a single one responded. That should raise a red flag in even the most gullable of patients.

Finally, I debated David Michaels, Hairmax boss, on Spencer's radio show and exposed him for being less than knowledgable in the field of laser physics, physiology, electronics, and medicine. He refuses to debate me again publicly. When you listen to the broadcast you will see why.

Stay away from LLLT. Not a single patient who has visited my office for consultation who has reported using LLLT has ever seen any benefit at ANY price.

Aunt Marney,
    Laser combes have NOT been FDA approved. Merely FDA cleared.

Smile FDA cleared and approved??what is the different?

Thank you for your detail reply AlopecianMuse!! Really appreciate it. whats the different between FDA cleared and FDA approved?? Below from the hairmax link it said the product has obtained FDA clearence...is there a different?? I m confused...

Once again thanks in advance!!

http://www.hairmax.com/ClinicalResea...Clearance.aspx

Bald and Beautiful AlopecianMuse's Avatar

Talking

Hi,
    Dr. Feller is the man to talk to about that. I just copied and pasted the reply from him because it was so detailed and posted to another thread on the forum.

I don't understand much about lasers , but this I can tell you .

Lasers are used for hair removal , There is a project in the make that is trying to substitute syringes with a laser device , and they already suceeded .

There are doctors that use lasers to cut into the skin ... there are many use for lasers and they can penetrate skin ... Just do your research .

The video it's just stupid , there are very types of lasers . and you can't see with your bare eyes what the efect is .

LOL! Doctor Feller! Well said!! I am completely with you on this one. Your steadfast confidence on this issue, as well as your publicly disclosed, and free-to-see experiments and data, disproves any value to the lasercomb nonsense related to hair loss. I don't understand why people aren't seeing your underlying message as an ethical, awesome doctor: DON'T WASTE OUR MONEY, IT'S NOT GOING TO HELP US!

As an engineer myself (I know you have an engineering background), I can't accept "pie in the sky" rationale for using a product that claims to regrow or sustain hair --- I want solid, scientifically demonstratable proof. And so what if lasers can cut skin? I can also confirm that lasers are used to cut sheet metal --- much tougher than skin. But isn't that irrelevant? Lasers that cut skin or sheet metal aren't the same lasers that would be used to treat hair loss.

I know that if I lived in your area, I'd choose you as my IAHRS surgeon. You're the man!

TeeJay

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Feller View Post
    FDA approval and FDA clearence are two different things. You will have to do your own research to learn the details of the difference.

While there is an implication that FDA clearence confers some sort of governmental validation for the efficacy of laser medical devices for the growth of hair, the details of this validation have been a closely gaurded secret. One must wonder WHY this is.

David Michaels (Hairmax boss) has steadfastly refused to disclose the information he submitted to the FDA to prove efficacy. What's worse, is that he REFUSES to release what the definition of "efficacy" means and what criteria the government required of him. Interesting omissions, aren't they?

While Mr. Micheals has claimed for some time that he would release the "study" he said he submitted to the FDA to meet their nebulous criteria of "clearance", to date and to my knowledge he is still refusing to do so.
    This, of course, has not stopped him nor any other LLLT advocate from selling thier wares to a purposefully uninformed public DESPERATE to reclaim their lost hair. And that's a shame.

Breezer,
    What an intellectual giant you are. Your considered critique:" The video is just stupid" informs us all of your maturity level. Now, go back to playing with your blocks, the adults are talking.
    Now that we agreed that you are intellectual superior than me , we can put personal insults aside .
    Of course the video is stupid … just think about it there are many types of lasers and you can't determine what they can do or can't by buying one for 10 $ and pointing it at your hand , the laser industries is worth billions, do you think you have it all covered with that video ? baka ka omae ?
    For those who want to instruct themselves and think about it for a second go here :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser

I’m not saying lasercomb works , never tried it and probably will never try . I have heard people saying it does work and others say it doesn’t . you are basing your opinion only in the presumption that the laser can’t penetrate the “optical barrier “ of skin , my question is and if it could ? What if the laser could do what they say , do you think It would work ?

Let the adults talk ? I can only see a bunch of people bowing to what you say not questioning …, if the matter at hands was about hair transplant you are the expert or so they say but it ins’t it is about lasers .
    For me everyone is trying to make a buck out of the misery of others . (usa style )

actually when i was deceived in my 23 from a local clinic to stop propecia if i wanted to save my errection, i was told to do several laser treatments. while doing the laser treatments combined with several topicals that clinic put on my WHILE doing the laser for "better" results. so after stoping finasteride and doing this just in 6 months my crown got almost empty. that was 10 years ago. i started complaining to them that their advice ruined my hair and their reply was "This whould happen anyway and since ur poor donor area cant produce a good outcome the only way is the hairpiece. Long story short i was wearing a hair piece from my 24 to 26 (one of the best years in a person's life) and suffering from all the humilation and embarrasment, in the mean time i had many natural hair in the middle which gotten worse by the glue. so after researching i realized what a great victim of them i had become and i ditched the piece started the meds and went to armani for ht.

From personal exprerience although the lasers that different companies offer might not be the same, i think that lasers are a waist of money and scams.

Found this, not sure if it's of interest but seems to be a clinical study on the lasercomb

http://www.mydisk.se/hwadump/webpage...y%20Report.pdf

Andy