+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Can you name a few?

One would be the Hairmax laser comb and any cold laser that claims BIOSTIMULATION as the process of healing, fat loss or hair growth.

The FDA's mandate is to ensure the safety of the product. Here's a good analogy to sum up the laser comb.

Two companies come up with a solution for excessive body hair. One has basically bought a large vat of sulphuric acid and added some juniper berries. Will it to the job? Hell yes. Is it safe? Hell no! So it isn' cleared.

The other has created a really miniature version of a cheese grater. Will it work? Hardly at all. Is it safe? Yep. Cleared.

I actually agree with you guys. I am gonna wait until further proof of it's effectiveness comes out before I buy it. What I mean by further is, any lol.

Right now I don't yet believe in it that much...at least not enough to actually buy it.

The fact that they did not publically release their studies kinda shows they know it's not good.

Reading the comments from the link in the first page here definitely shows that the studies are really not that good results at ALL.

So yeah... I don't really believe in it anymore. Glad I didn't buy it. Can't trust anything...

Good! Now put the money in your HT fund, and don't make the mistakes we doubtless did!

Has anyone read this?

(link removed)

I still don't really believe in the lasercomb since their own studies showed a decrease in hair...lol compared to placebo who had more hair than the comb wtf lol

This pretty much convinces me that this thing is a scam: http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/08/0...ax-laser-comb/

That doctor actually did the counts himself.

Seriously. The lasercomb is a piece of crap. I can't believe some doctors, like Alan Bauman recommend using it... it's definitely a waste of time and money.

There are thousands and thousands of people being scammed by this. Sitting there in their houses waving this garbage light over head getting some peace of mind.

What a shame.

Hairmax LaserComb is GARBAGE and a SCAM.

That is my opinion and I will stick to it until I actually see some proof that it works, which there is none of.

Thanks for the updates guys. I'll try this new solution.

I don't know exactly what to think of the lasercomb. I've asked several respected HT doctors, specifically Dr. Shapiro's office at SMG, and they believe that it has some effectiveness. I think effectiveness is defined broadly by many different people. I have read people online who have said they quit propecia because because 'it didn't grow any new hair'.

So one has to ask what would you consider to be effective? Growing new hair? Stopping further loss? Slowing hair loss down? Making the hair healthier?

I trust Dr. Shapiro that the lasercomb has some benefit. I think it would be worth a try at the very least. Yes I have read about the scam stories online, but at the same time I have also read things about propecia and its side effects that I know definitely aren't true.

do laser combs work, the answer depends on how badly damage your follicles are. Hair grows from follicles. Some follicles that are not growing hair may simply need stimulation and can be saved, which is where laser combs come in. Follicles that are completely damaged will not grow anymore hair.