+ Reply to Thread

Default Minoxidil with Derma roller question

Hey guys, I bought the derma roller last week and I am eager to start using it but I wanted to ask if I need to apply some lotion or alcohol to disinfect the skin area after I applied derma roller or do I put minoxidil straight away? And do you guys wait 24 hours before applying minoxidil or do you apply it right away? I ask because I did undergo a mesohair procedure and the doctor did apply some liquid to disinfect the area.

I read that some guys on the other forums use derma roller with minox straight away daily, which doesn't make much sense because they don't leave the skin to heal.

By the way, can applying minoxidil straight away after derma roller be kinda dangerous as minoxidil hits the blood stream faster rather than "hanging around" (layman terminology) with the hair follicle?

Thanks a ton and I will post pictures soon to show you how I'm progressing.

Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent777 View Post
    Hey guys, I bought the derma roller last week and I am eager to start using it but I wanted to ask if I need to apply some lotion or alcohol to disinfect the skin area after I applied derma roller or do I put minoxidil straight away? And do you guys wait 24 hours before applying minoxidil or do you apply it right away? I ask because I did undergo a mesohair procedure and the doctor did apply some liquid to disinfect the area.

I read that some guys on the other forums use derma roller with minox straight away daily, which doesn't make much sense because they don't leave the skin to heal.

By the way, can applying minoxidil straight away after derma roller be kinda dangerous as minoxidil hits the blood stream faster rather than "hanging around" (layman terminology) with the hair follicle?

Thanks a ton and I will post pictures soon to show you how I'm progressing.

Vincent
    Use the roller and then wait 24 hours before applying anything on the affected area. You don't need to do any other preparation.

You shouldnt use anything. You want to wound and let your scalp react naturally.

Some people use things that dull the pain etc and are filled with chemicals.

We want our scalp to learn to heal itself that the whole point.

If you must use something, sometimes I apply coconut oil or castor oil in the shower to my scalp...

Then I get out of the shower with wet and oily hair still.

Then go straight to dermarolling. The oil helps the scalp and makes it easier to roll because its moisturized.

Do not apply anything or wash anything after rolling. Shower water isnt good in gerneral.

Go to sleep with blood dots on your scalp, shower in the morning.

Thanks guys! I was worried not to damage my hair somehow because it is medium length at front ( till my nose length). The front of my hairline looked worryingly thin after I applied the derma roller but I it was back to normal the following day.

Wow,

I thought thaht we need to apply minox or other chemical after dermarolling.
    So, it's better to applys one day after ? Isn't it ?

Can you explain me why ?

Thanks