+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default How many people here are using Finasteride and what is your experience so far?

Ok, so my hair is thinning pretty badly and I am seriously considering to start taking Propecia but the horror stories on the net are really freaking me out.

How many people on this forum have been using finasteride and could you please share your experience with it and if you had any side effects?

I was considering doing my hormonal blood tests and start taking 0.5 or 0.25 mg of Propecia per day for a month or three and do my blood test again to compare.

Thank you in advance bros!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent777 View Post
    Ok, so my hair is thinning pretty badly and I am seriously considering to start taking Propecia but the horror stories on the net are really freaking me out.

How many people on this forum have been using finasteride and could you please share your experience with it and if you had any side effects?

I was considering doing my hormonal blood tests and start taking 0.5 or 0.25 mg of Propecia per day for a month or three and do my blood test again to compare.

Thank you in advance bros!
    Imo any sides that you experience from fin/ dut are probably in your head. Even if they're not, I'm a firm believer that, in time, your body will adjust. 99% of the people that suffer a dip in libido when they first start using fin have probably scared themself to the point where they can't get it up, rather than actually experiencing side effects.

!
    What freaks you out more, the small possibility of sides(real) or going slick bald?

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    What freaks you out more, the small possibility of sides(real) or going slick bald?
    Haha thanks, you guys are great! Slick bald is not an option! Irreversible side effects are the ones that are freaking me out, especially brain fog and depression. As someone who went through anxiety and depression period some 5 years ago I just can't afford those good times again.

My hair in 2008.

Irreversible side effects
    Extremely rare.

I am actually considering HT to Propecia because of video testimonials like these. It really scared the cr*p out of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmSr2XO_qQo

Yup, disaster can happen. The way it is unfortunately when it comes to prescription drugs. It can happen to you, OR ME. It's the choice I made though and am prepared to deal with the consequences if it does happen. If you are not, then don't take finasteride. As far as hair transplants go, they do not replace finasteride. If you decide to get a HT with out finasteride, then prepare to keep getting them as your hair continues to recede.

I would say if you are considering fin then stop watching that kind of stuff. You are just setting yourself up for failure if ever do decide to take fin. I have seen it many times before: guy obsesses about sides for months, then finally decides to take fin and gets sides. It happens all the time. There is a guy on another hair loss forum that got gyno after 1 pill and I don't even think he took the full 1mg. Impossible!

Thank you for the reassurance! I really appreciate it. Yeah I know HT is not a permanent solution but I am hoping my hair loss won't progress too much because everybody in my family has hair but I think I inherited my hair line from my late paternal grandfather who had similar hairline as Vincent Price.

Since I live in Serbia and we can't get 1 mg Finasteride here I was searching for a very long time to find a credible online pharmacy to buy Propecia and I found https://www.healthexpress.co.uk/. I've spoken to the operator on the phone and checked them through scamadviser.com and scamidentifier.com and they came out fine.

Do you have any experience or do you know somebody who has with ordering online?

Once again thank you for your time I really appreciate it.

I ordered twice online from inhousepharmacy, they are used by many around here. Stuff is legit and I received my order in about a week.

Great! Thanks man.