+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

March 2015 will be the three year mark that I've been on Finasteride. I've had great results because I got on it 2 weeks after I noticed my hairloss begin. You can't tell I was losing hair. Almost 3 years agio. I've had no side effects at all. My only regret was that I wasted money taking the brand name for 2 years. I made the switch to generic Proscar in March of 2014 and quarter the 5mg pills.

You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking finasteride:

More common
    Chills
    cold sweats
    confusion
    dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position

Less common
    Bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
    breast enlargement and tenderness
    hives or welts
    itchy skin
    rapid weight gain
    redness of the skin
    skin rash
    swelling of the lips and face
    tingling of the hands or feet
    unusual weight gain or loss

Never had the balls to pull the triger, to use oral propecia, i didnt have sides with drLee 0.1% fina minox. Im lookimg mostly for Maintenance plus ht.

I can see why people think that starting propecia is a big thing, almost like a hurdle. However, the truth is that finasteride is a well-tolerated drug. Lot's of people use it with minor to no side effects. However, the internet magnifies the bad things in particular, as can be seen on propeciahelp.

I'm always glad to see people post their long-term succes with finasteride on forums. However, I rarely see those posts (anymore). It's not surprising though; why visit a hair loss forum when the medication you're taking is working just fine for you? You should keep this in mind when you get scared at first by the finasteride horror stories.

If you think about it, the only people who talk about finastride are usually the few who have had unfortunate sides. Gives it such a bad rep... Luckily, this forum is full of helpful individuals willing to share their positive experiences. Iv been on it for almost 2 years and started at 18. No noticable sides thus far. Easy to use and really the best option as of right now. If maintaining hair is important, go for it. Like many have said fin works best to hault or slow MPB not much regrowth however it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent777 View Post
    Thank you. I'm afraid it isn't like that anymore, I've cut it short this summer. Thank you for sharing your experience.

As far as I can see on the site they sell Merck's Propecia.

http://www.healthexpress.co.uk/hairloss_info.html
    Thank you for the link. Merck's Propecia is a brand and it should be expensive. I take its generic version that is less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent777 View Post
    Ok, so my hair is thinning pretty badly and I am seriously considering to start taking Propecia but the horror stories on the net are really freaking me out.

How many people on this forum have been using finasteride and could you please share your experience with it and if you had any side effects?

I was considering doing my hormonal blood tests and start taking 0.5 or 0.25 mg of Propecia per day for a month or three and do my blood test again to compare.

Thank you in advance bros!
    I've been on Finesteride (1.25 mg/day) and Minoxidil (Rogaine) for 7 months now. I've had legit regrowth and zero side effects. All together, it's like $20/mo. Real no-brainer. Check it:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...il-Finesteride

My doctor prescribed it - no blood tests, no warnings of side effects. I don't know about you, but I'd trust an actual doctor over "the internet" any day. My suspicion is that substantial side effects are either placebo, or extremely rare like an adverse reaction to a vaccine - literally 1 in a million. I mean, just go in for your annual physical, which with most health insurance is fully covered, and casually ask your doctor. It's painless, and he/she will know more than any forum or YouTube video out there. And keep in mind these are the only two things that are actually backed with science and clinical studies for hair loss treatment. You can find anything on the internet. I wouldn't be too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by decarjos View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'd trust an actual doctor over "the internet" any day. My suspicion is that substantial side effects are either placebo, or extremely rare like an adverse reaction to a vaccine - literally 1 in a million.
    I agree 100%.

And I checked out your thread...One of the best transplants I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I agree 100%.

And I checked out your thread...One of the best transplants I have seen.
    I do not have any transplants. Ha not sure why but you are the second guy to assume that... I have only used the fin and minox, no transplants. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by decarjos View Post
    I do not have any transplants. Ha not sure why but you are the second guy to assume that... I have only used the fin and minox, no transplants. That's it.
    Sorry, that was a joke. I read the transplant comment in your other thread and though it was funny so decided to pile on. Any way, your results look pretty damn good. Hope you have continued success.