+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent777 View Post
    Great! Thanks man.
    Your welcome.

Hi,
    First of all would like to express my admiration with your hair style. Long curly hair looks very good. My hair cut is short and my receding vertex area is visible enough. I've started to take Finasteride (generic version). I've heard about the side effects that may occur, but decided to try it, because all people are unique and can differently respond to the same medication. I can tell you that I don't have any side effects and agree with Plan C that many depends on our thoughts.
    I order Finasteride online and I'm happy with this choise. Does healthexpress.co.uk offer brand or generic medications?

Quote Originally Posted by RanDave View Post
    Hi,
    First of all would like to express my admiration with your hair style. Long curly hair looks very good. My hair cut is short and my receding vertex area is visible enough. I've started to take Finasteride (generic version). I've heard about the side effects that may occur, but decided to try it, because all people are unique and can differently respond to the same medication. I can tell you that I don't have any side effects and agree with Plan C that many depends on our thoughts.
    I order Finasteride online and I'm happy with this choise. Does healthexpress.co.uk offer brand or generic medications?
    Thank you. I'm afraid it isn't like that anymore, I've cut it short this summer. Thank you for sharing your experience.

As far as I can see on the site they sell Merck's Propecia.

http://www.healthexpress.co.uk/hairloss_info.html

Edit

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiaDestroya View Post
    Well, since I lost my post...

Pretty much.

I realize you are concerned about mental health effects. However, I recommend you read this Q&A with Dr. Bernstein.

Also, a lot of drugs can cause sexual side effects, and generally those effects go away upon discontinuing the medication. What you put in your body is your decision, but just make sure you do so with all of the relevant facts. I can give you an anecdote, my own personal testimony, and say that I am as virile as ever (can't get enough), but I'll give you something far better.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/rese...4-tosti-study/

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/rese...-side-effects/

Read this as well,

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answ...-irreversible/

The matter of persistent sexual side effects is one that will require further study, but up to here, finasteride has an excellent safety profile. As a 26 year old man (my birthday was just a few days ago) I am as concerned about my sexual function as you are, and I am more than comfortable taking finasteride. That's just me.
    Here's a new study for yah http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25460297

Abstract 5α-reductases, a unique family of enzymes with a wide host of substrates and tissue distributions, play a key role in the metabolism of androgens, progestins, mineralocorticoids and glucocorticoids. These enzymes are the rate-limiting step in the synthesis of a host of neurosteroids, which are critical for central nervous system function. Androgens and glucocorticoids modulate mitochondrial function, carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism and energy balance. Thus, the inhibition of these regulatory enzymes results in an imbalance in steroid metabolism and clearance rates, which leads to altered physiological processes. In this report, we advance the hypothesis that inhibition of 5α-reductases by finasteride and dutasteride alters not only steroid metabolism but also interferes with the downstream actions and signaling of these hormones. We suggest that finasteride and dutasteride inhibit 5α-reductase activities and reduce the clearance of glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids, potentiating insulin resistance, diabetes and vascular disease.

Anyway, I always tell people to talk to their doctor and decide with them if finasteride is a viable route in their case. I tend to avoid looking at fanatical internet forum posts. I stick to the study data and to the opinions of medical experts - people like Bernstein.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiaDestroya View Post
    Edit
    I am sorry, did you mean I should edit my last post because it's irrelevant or you edited something?

Actually just watched few interviews with Dr Hilary Jones and he sounds quite professional, it's just that this article came out first and I thought oh no, not another Dr. Oz type.

Thanks for the last post and advice, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric View Post
    Here's a new study for yah http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25460297

Abstract 5α-reductases, a unique family of enzymes with a wide host of substrates and tissue distributions, play a key role in the metabolism of androgens, progestins, mineralocorticoids and glucocorticoids. These enzymes are the rate-limiting step in the synthesis of a host of neurosteroids, which are critical for central nervous system function. Androgens and glucocorticoids modulate mitochondrial function, carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism and energy balance. Thus, the inhibition of these regulatory enzymes results in an imbalance in steroid metabolism and clearance rates, which leads to altered physiological processes. In this report, we advance the hypothesis that inhibition of 5α-reductases by finasteride and dutasteride alters not only steroid metabolism but also interferes with the downstream actions and signaling of these hormones. We suggest that finasteride and dutasteride inhibit 5α-reductase activities and reduce the clearance of glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids, potentiating insulin resistance, diabetes and vascular disease.
    Very interesting, thank you for this. Much appreciated!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hi Vincent777 !
    Ive been on 1mg Finasteride per day (generic Dr Reddys) for just over 1 year and 6months.
    Aug. 2015 with be my 2nd year on it!
    It has done very well for my hair ,realistically speaking.
    If I were not satisfied with it I would have stopped taking it long ago.
    Ive had NO major side effects (lessening of my ejaculate but THAT'S ALL)
    Its AOK