+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by theEvergreen View Post
    I've made an appointment for my doctor next month (he's a busy dude). I will bring these concerns up to him. Only under light can you really see the scalp, unfortunately. It's hard to get a decent picture showcasing what I see in the mirror. It definitely looks vastly different from 3 months ago. I know stress is a myth or whatever, but I was under some extreme pressure about 5-6 months ago and I know I have depression, regardless of hair loss or not. I have a lot of anxiety about a lot of things. This could be as you say, just my hairline maturing, but I always want to play it safe.
    Its impossible to keep your juivinile hair line and thickness when you age. I would say look into wigs or a micro dose of fin.

Quote Originally Posted by blondetooth View Post
    Its impossible to keep your juivinile hair line and thickness when you age. I would say look into wigs or a micro dose of fin.
    I realize that, but I've noticed an extreme thinning over the past 3 months. It was never this thin. I've always had a big forehead too. I'll try to get on a micro dose when I have my appointment with my physician next month.

I washed my hair today and pulled it back with a hat and noticed a metric shit ton of vellus hairs sticking up which was never the case. I'm getting nervous because this is all so sudden and I usually would notice something like that if it was a long way out. Like I said, no one notices my hair is thinning and it makes me look crazy, but I know it is.

I'm convinced now that I see vellus hairs that it's gotta be MPB. I'm actually scared to get my hair cut short now..

Evergreen, bro first things first, you have a great looking head of hair that most here including myself would slaughter a family of baby seals for. Lol... With that being said man, you gotta calm your nerves. Even if you are thinning due to mpb you've caught it early enough to delay it for a while and possibly even regrow what you believe to be missing. So the best thing to do is calm down, wait for your docs opinion, and know everything is gonna be alright. By the time I found out they even had meds for hair loss I was way too far gone, so you're lucky you still have great hair. Hope this helps man...

And ps don't let anything or anyone lead you to believe your hair is your best asset. You're a good looking guy, no homo.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWillis View Post
    Evergreen, bro first things first, you have a great looking head of hair that most here including myself would slaughter a family of baby seals for. Lol... With that being said man, you gotta calm your nerves. Even if you are thinning due to mpb you've caught it early enough to delay it for a while and possibly even regrow what you believe to be missing. So the best thing to do is calm down, wait for your docs opinion, and know everything is gonna be alright. By the time I found out they even had meds for hair loss I was way too far gone, so you're lucky you still have great hair. Hope this helps man...

And ps don't let anything or anyone lead you to believe your hair is your best asset. You're a good looking guy, no homo.
    I really appreciate that man. It's just tough being an anxious guy, and the part that's thinning is the central part of my hair. I was going to grow it long, but I don't think that's a possibility anymore. I just went into full overdrive today though when I saw all the vellus hairs popping out on the one side. Can't even look in a mirror without noticing anymore. I swear none of this was happening 3 months ago and I usually take careful note of my hairline.

Does anyone know if waiting a month and a half for my appointment is a bad idea? It's the only time he could get me in.