+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm sorry, but making a word like fact bold doesn't make it more true. It's still bs. You're absolutely dead wrong, it's not even funny.
    There are not infinite more - let alone more effective - options for baldness than there are for grey hair. There are an infinite amount of hairloss treatment snake-oils on the market promising to regrow hair. But there are exactly 3 or 4 who scientifically have a chance of working.
    What's funny is you trying to argue against cold, hard facts, and miserably fail at it. You pretty much just proved my point.

You just admitted that there are 3-4 treatments which have a chance of working against baldness....which is 3-4 MORE than anything similar for grey hair. Simple mathematics dude...use a calculator if you have to.

Grey hair: Hair dye (non-molecular, camouflage) and nothing else.
    Baldness: 3-4 treatments that have a chance of working on a molecular level.

Arguing against these facts is like trying to argue that grass isn't green and that there are no fish in the sea. But I'm sure you'll try.

On top of that, there are hair transplants, which are a REAL option, despite you choosing to conveniently ignoring them. There are also wigs, which are a pretty bad option, but an option non-the-less.. about as bad as a bad dye job.

Hair dye just does what it promises, there is no maybe, there are no side-effects and can be done on a weekly basis. Period.
    Umm, no, not period... as much as you'd like it to be. You conveniently ignore that hair dye also requires ridiculous maintenance, can be extremely obvious, especially in men, does not work on very short hair, and contains harmful ingredients that may cause cancer and even hair loss. And its a product that has not evolved in a 100 years.

But yeah, umm...hair dye.

Please read up before you write such things. They're not only very pricey they're not a cure or a real treatment for the average Joe.
    There are plenty of testimonials of great hair transplants all over the internet that are indeed a cure for some people. Not all...but some. If you know of a permanent treatment for grey hair similar to a hair transplant for baldness, that will work for some but not all, feel free to post it and I'll give it a shot.

Here's the thing... they're not treatments because they're not here and they are not guaranteed to be here in a few years or ever. They're projects which have been in development for the past 5 years or more and have a chance (or not) to offer an alternative treatment. These potential treatments do not offer a a full blown cure. They're not for everyone. they offer the possibility of regrowing some hair for people in their early stages.
    Agreed with everything you said! Now, show me some similar projects, with trials behind them, for grey hair that could be out in 5 years.

You can't and you won't because there are none which, once again, proves my point.

Again, I got comments at school and from my sisters at 19 that I was getting grey. Getting grey hairs at 27-28 is not "premature grey hair" . Maybe you should like... grow a pair?
    Umm, what's your point? You're comfortable with getting greys prematurely and I'm not. There are plenty of people comfortable with balding and other's are not. Throwing out insults about it is pretty childish.

And going grey at 27-28 is indeed premature, as the average age for starting to go grey, in Caucasians, is mid 30's. Go look at a crowd of 27-28 year olds and see how many of them are going grey.

Quote Originally Posted by YAN1986 View Post
    What's funny is you trying to argue against cold, hard facts, and miserably fail at it. You pretty much just proved my point.

You just admitted that there are 3-4 treatments which have a chance of working against baldness....which is 3-4 MORE than anything similar for grey hair. Simple mathematics dude...use a calculator if you have to.
    Grey hair: Hair dye (non-molecular, camouflage) and nothing else.
    Baldness: 3-4 treatments that have a chance of working on a molecular level.
    Arguing against these facts is like trying to argue that grass isn't green and that there are no fish in the sea. But I'm sure you'll try.
    On top of that, there are hair transplants, which are a REAL option, despite you choosing to conveniently ignoring them. There are also wigs, which are a pretty bad option, but an option non-the-less.. about as bad as a bad dye job.

There are a dozen kind of dyes, there are 4 hairloss treatments. What you're failing to understand is that at the end of the day the amount simply does not matter when that 1 grey hair treatment is 10 times more effective, cheaper, lower in maintenance and without (or fewer) side-effects than all those hairloss products put together. This not an opinion. It is a fact. (see what I'm doing here)

I did not ignore them I even replied to your point assuming you would understand why.
    Have you ever researched this site? Have you ever looked at the billion dollar Wayne Rooney transplant? A hair transplant is a very pricey deal, delivering mediocre or even poor results, which still requires lifelong 'the big 4' treatment for maintenance (you know the products which failed them at keeping their hair before), which highly depends on the donor (if you're a bad donor your hair falls out afterwards and you're left scarred for the rest of your life) and generally taken demands the patient to fill in the rest of his head with concealer. (you know a dye which is rubbed on the scalp like the one you're refusing to rub on your own head because according to you it's not an option^^)

There are also wigs, which are a pretty bad option, but an option non-the-less.. about as bad as a bad dye job.
    I've already pointed out two times that a wig is as good a solution for a greying guy as it is for a balding guy, yet you're not wearing one either because you deem it as not an option. When replying to my post piece by piece, you've been very careful/specific in ignoring that part. Repeating myself is rather exhausting tbf.

Umm, no, not period... as much as you'd like it to be. You conveniently ignore that hair dye also requires ridiculous maintenance, can be extremely obvious, especially in men, does not work on very short hair, and contains harmful ingredients that may cause cancer and even hair loss. And its a product that has not evolved in a 100 years.
    Again, have you read any topics on this forum? Hairloss treatment simply demands MORE maintenance than dying your hair once every 1 or 2 weeks. This is not an opinion this is a fact. Doesn't work on short hair? Can't you grow it out? Must be a luxury being picky about your hairstyle. I feel your pain. Really.

There are plenty of testimonials of great hair transplants all over the internet that are indeed a cure for some people. Not all...but some. If you know of a permanent treatment for grey hair similar to a hair transplant for baldness, that will work for some but not all, feel free to post it and I'll give it a shot.
    Ehmm... there are permanent hairloss treatments?
    You do realize neither a transplant nor the big 3-4 are permanent solutions for aggressive hairloss sufferers?

Agreed with everything you said! Now, show me some similar projects, with trials behind them, for grey hair that could be out in 5 years.

You can't and you won't because there are none which, once again, proves my point.
    Maybe we should discuss life on Mars vs time travel. You do realize that as long as neither one of these products are even close to be on the market of even being successful absolutely none if this matters.

Umm, what's your point? You're comfortable with getting greys prematurely and I'm not. There are plenty of people comfortable with balding and other's are not. Throwing out insults about it is pretty childish.
    And going grey at 27-28 is indeed premature, as the average age for starting to go grey, in Caucasians, is mid 30's. Go look at a crowd of 27-28 year olds and see how many of them are going grey.
    Look, you're absolutely not getting it. That fact being bald is worse than being grey has absolutely nothing to do with "being comfortable with it" or "an opinion' and certainly not the grass being greener on the other side.
    Being bald is an infinity worse than being grey. There are millions of bald guys who just wish and dream of being grey but they simply do not have the option to change that fact. There are thousands of grey men who don't want to have grey hair. Do you think they choose to go bald instead? I mean why not? They have the option. Which one do they prefer? Being grey or being bald? And than I'm not even talking about the female preference on the matter. What do you think they prefer? An average grey guy or an average bald guy. Seriously don't kid yourself. A grey guy has the choice of becoming bald, a bald guy does not have the choice of becoming grey. That is the only truth of it all.

And going grey at 27-28 is indeed premature, as the average age for starting to go grey, in Caucasians, is mid 30's. Go look at a crowd of 27-28 year olds and see how many of them are going grey
    Please stop calling it premature greying. Getting grey hairs in your late 20's is not premature, it's early.

The thing that probably irks me the most is that you come here, on a forum with people who have spend about 2-3 hours a day maintaining their hair fruitlessly trying to save what's left, who have a spend a fortune of their money on pointless hairloss products and failed hair transplants. Just to feel sorry for yourself and tell them that your condition is worse because your (perfectly efficient) treatment just looks a bit too fake for your taste. Then you tell those guys they can always wear wigs and take hair transplants? Ehm what?

At the end of the day, I can only compare your situation with one of a girl complaining about saggy tits on a breast-amputee forum.

I also like to add. Yan I can only hope for you to be so lucky, to wake up one year from now, finding out you're not only losing all your dark hair but also all your grey. Maybe then you'll get it through your skull.

There are a dozen kind of dyes, there are 4 hairloss treatments. What you're failing to understand is that at the end of the day the amount simply does not matter when that 1 grey hair treatment is 10 times more effective, cheaper, lower in maintenance and without (or fewer) side-effects than all those hairloss products put together. This not an opinion. It is a fact. (see what I'm doing here)
    Do you know how to count? I mean, serious question. Because I have my doubts.

There could be a million types of hair dyes...its different brands of ONE PRODUCT, which is not a good option, for all the reasons I already listed.

My grey hair spread rather quickly so it would have been nice to have some of the options you have for balding. Having a pill to slow it down/stop it would be a godsend, let alone reverse it. I Instead the only option I have is a toxic dye that is obvious, wears off right away, and will damage my hair.

And just because dye is an accepted method, it doesn't change the fact that its a terrible option. People accept it because there's literally nothing else. If nobody bothered to research baldness, than wigs would be as acceptable today as hair dye is.

I did not ignore them I even replied to your point assuming you would understand why.
    Have you ever researched this site? Have you ever looked at the billion dollar Wayne Rooney transplant? A hair transplant is a very pricey deal, delivering mediocre or even poor results, which still requires lifelong 'the big 4' treatment for maintenance (you know the products which failed them at keeping their hair before), which highly depends on the donor (if you're a bad donor your hair falls out afterwards and you're left scarred for the rest of your life) and generally taken demands the patient to fill in the rest of his head with concealer. (you know a dye which is rubbed on the scalp like the one you're refusing to rub on your own head because according to you it's not an option^^)
    You're ignoring the testimonials of people with successful transplants, successful use of the big 4, etc. Do they work for everyone? No. Do they work for some? Absolutely.

The point is, you have OPTIONS. These options, IF THEY ARE TO WORK, which they do for some, are a lot better than hair dye.

[QUOTE]Again, have you read any topics on this forum? Hairloss treatment simply demands MORE maintenance than dying your hair once every 1 or 2 weeks. This is not an opinion this is a fact. QUOTE]

Really, you're going to argue that popping a pill (assuming it works, which it does for many) is harder than dying your hair?

Ehmm... there are permanent hairloss treatments?
    You do realize neither a transplant nor the big 3-4 are permanent solutions for aggressive hairloss sufferers?
    They're more permanent than covering up your hair with an unhealthy dye every week. If I had a pill that could stop my grey hair where its at now, or when it first started, I'd be on that shit like white on rice. Unfortunately, there is nothing like that-- only a fake cover up method that looks nothing like real hair color.

Maybe we should discuss life on Mars vs time travel. You do realize that as long as neither one of these products are even close to be on the market of even being successful absolutely none if this matters.
    ...neither one of these products!? There IS NO PRODUCT for grey hair. Not even in theory.

There are multiple products for baldness with real life human trials behind them. One is going into stage 3 trials next year, which is 1 step away from release. That is light years ahead of anything for grey hair!!! How does that not penetrate your thick skull?

Being bald is an infinity worse than being grey. There are millions of bald guys who just wish and dream of being grey but they simply do not have the option to change that fact. There are thousands of grey men who don't want to have grey hair. Do you think they choose to go bald instead? I mean why not? They have the option. Which one do they prefer? Being grey or being bald? And than I'm not even talking about the female preference on the matter. What do you think they prefer? An average grey guy or an average bald guy. Seriously don't kid yourself. A grey guy has the choice of becoming bald, a bald guy does not have the choice of becoming grey. That is the only truth of it all.
    Again, your ability to tell the difference between opinion/fact is just as bad as your math skills.

It is an OPINION that balding is worse than having premature grey hair. There are also thousands of bald guys, with a good head shape, that shave their head, bulk up, and end up getting laid twice a day.

If I had the head shape for it, I'd shave my head in a second. I actually think a little grey looks cool on a "1 or so haircut. I don't have the head/face shape for it unfortunately.

With baldness, at least its common. Grey hair at a young age is nowhere close to common as balding.

Please stop calling it premature greying. Getting grey hairs in your late 20's is not premature, it's early.

The thing that probably irks me the most is that you come here, on a forum with people who have spend about 2-3 hours a day maintaining their hair fruitlessly trying to save what's left, who have a spend a fortune of their money on pointless hairloss products and failed hair transplants. Just to feel sorry for yourself and tell them that your condition is worse because your (perfectly efficient) treatment just looks a bit too fake for your taste. Then you tell those guys they can always wear wigs and take hair transplants? Ehm what?

At the end of the day, I can only compare your situation with one of a girl complaining about saggy tits on a breast-amputee forum.
    "Premature" and "early" is the same thing, genius. Look it up in the dictionary. They're literally synonyms of each other.

The fact that you are irked is non of my concern.

My intentions were not to compare which one was worse, which I made clear in my first post. I simply pointed out that the psychological impacts are very similar, that its time for more options are made available and wanted to have a discussion as to whether or not some of these stem cell methods (you know, the ones that have had human trials for baldness, one of which is about to go into stage 3) might also be an option for grey hair.

I specifically asked people not to bring up hair dye, as that's not what the subject was about. Of course, you came on here and brought up exactly that, just to be an ass, I suppose.

TLDR. Just dye your hair you crybaby.

Okay, as soon as you buy a wig or shave your head.

I'm already shaved. What now?

Seriously, is there something in the water in Belgium?

Now what? If you have nothing to add the topic at hand, stop being a douche and leave, that's what.

You're alone in your topic, complaining about your non-problem.

There's a bunch of topics on here with no replies.

You can have your opinions, although they're irrelevant because you've never dealt with this supposed "non-problem". The truth is that if premature grey hair was as common as balding, there would be more options than toxic hair dye.