+ Reply to Thread

Default Need advise , bosley , hasson and Wong ?

Hi there
    Hoping to get some advise been losing my hair for years , thought about a hairsystem , actually paid for it only to back out at the last minute . Decided to look into a HT . Visited bosley in Ontario this morning . Was told by a representative that I needed 3000 grafts at a cost of $16k (ouch!!)
    Doing online research and the company that pops up the most is hasson and Wong in Vegas . Any thoughts ? Any advise someone can give me before I take the plunge ? Any doctors in the inland empire anyone can recomend which give great results and better pricing ? Anyone recommends fue procedure rather than fut ? Am thining from the top all the way to my crown 36 years old.

I could be wrong, but I thought that Hasson and Wong only performed FUT(strip). Spencer has said that Bosley has improved, but I still don't think you should even use them in the same sentence as Hasson and Wong.

You want advice? ok. You obviously have not done your homework or you wouldn't be in here asking about Bosley. Keep on this track and you'll be just another statistic-- you'll be in here in a year or so asking about the best repair surgeons and crying in your beer about how you wish you could just shave down and be done with the whole mess. Here are a few top flight surgeons to consider if you actually do decide to get a HT: Dr. Ron Shaprio. Dr. Paul Shapiro. Dr. Alan Feller. Dr. Glenn Charles. Dr. Jerry Wong. Dr. Victor Hasson. There are others, but these will do for a start. Don't be afraid to travel. If staying local is a criteria for you, you're not ready. Have you looked in to Propecia? as for FUE vs. FUT: that depends on circumstances. FUE could be the better choice if you're a younger guy who needs fewer grafts in a small area and who plans to wear his hair short. FUT could be the better choice if you're Norwood 5 or higher looking to rebuild the frontal third of your head with 3,500+ grafts. There's a lot of debate-- but also a lot of good information out there. Go look for it, educate yourself, and then ask your questions. YOu also might want to post some good images of your head so people can see your balding pattern, front and back. Until you do your research and educate yourself, DO NOT go under the knife.

I totally agree with hal. Please don't take this the wrong way, but the fact that you even considered Bosley means you are not ready for a hair transplant. If I were you, I would do a lot more research and I would never have a FUT and would only have a FUE. If you have a FUT, you will not be able to buzz your hair, ever. While you may think that is not a big deal because you think you will never buzz your hair, there is a 99% chance you will change your mind when you get older. Chances are, as you get older, and lose more hair, you will not want to deal with this hair loss nonsense anymore and will want to buzz your hair. But, that option will be gone if you go with FUT. A great FUE doc is doctor Cole. Best of luck.

Inactive

I second what Chicago99 said regarding FUE/FUT. They both have their benefits, but it's my belief that FUE has improved so much over the past several years that it's just as viable an option as FUT (the strip method). I actually saw a guy the other day with the FUT scar whose hair loss had presumably gotten so bad that he ended up just shaving his head - and he had the long strip scar in the back to show for it. I didn't want to risk that (and I like the idea of still being able to have my hair cut short), so I opted for FUE. Granted, depending on your case, it may not be practical - but this is something you'll be able to discuss with a doctor once you start researching and finding credible surgeons to consult with.

Speaking of credible surgeons, I will echo what everyone else has said here. Stay away from Bosley. There are way too many skilled, reputable surgeons out there that deliver solid results to even risk getting a botched transplant with Bosley. A little research online will help back that up for you. The names Hal gave you are a great starting point. I had my surgery 4 months ago with Dr. Mohebi in Los Angeles and had a fantastic experience with him as well - not to mention I'm already starting to see growth. It's a fun time in my mirror at the moment.

Hasson & Wong do not have a Vegas office. They used to, many years ago, but it was for consultations only. The surgical center is in Vancouver, BC only with no satellite surgical offices.

Of the two clinics you mentioned, Hasson & Wong is the better choice, hands down, and this has nothing to do with the fact that I worked there for 11 years If not H&W then look at the IAHRS members doctors and go from there. You also need to figure out if you want FUE or FUSS (strip).
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors