+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Durden00 View Post
    Hi all. So after some recent experience I felt the need to become a member to this forum and discuss my story with hair loss in my early 20s. I'm going to be honest. I'm going to be blunt. I'm going to tell you the truth and nothing but it.

I started losing my hair around the age of 15. It was nothing big at the time, was able to hide it with a side part. Around 18 is when I noticeably started to lose it. Obviously friends and peers made comments and I was heartbroken regarding the situation. I never had bad luck with girls though. I seemed to always attract some of the best of the best looking women in a huge high school.

Then came college. I started to use rogaine to hide the noticeable bald spot growing on my crown. Did it work? I don't know. I really don't. It may have slowed things down a bit...it may have sped things up, I'll never know. Going to remind you again: I still never had bad luck with the ladies. I maintained a confident demeanor and was never afraid to show my true, goofy, absurd self in front of them.

As my early twenties crept upon me, things started to look grim. I was growing my hair out to hide the fact I was balding and began to grow very insecure. At this point I locked a relationship with a very very hot, cool girl who knew I was balding but didn't give a shit. I cared more than she did.

Long story short, I'm 24 now. No longer in the relationship and a single man. At 24 I made the decision to shave my head because I was no longer confident in myself as a "balding" individual. Going to be honest...it was the best decision I've ever made in my life.

I no longer care about hair. I no longer care about the way I look in front of other people and girls. People don't even notice. People don't care. When they do notice, it's to compliment and touch my new sexy shaved head. It emits confidence. It emits an alpha male persona. Go to the gym. Get off your ****ing ass and get those endorphins running. Feel better about yourself.

I have a problem with the emphasis society places on looks for individuals. EVERYONE has something. If they don't, they probably suck as a human being. If you're a loser now because of your hair loss, you were probably a loser before. We all google the same things, "Do girls like bald men?" "Does life suck bald?" Blah blah blah. Honestly if you're over the age of 35, shame on you for searching such nonsense and furthering this notion of looks in our society. It's a horrible idea to have in your head and bad as role model to younger generations.

We've all looked at the same ****ing articles, read the same bullshit. Think about the amount of men who lose their hair...think about it!!!!! They shave it and that's that! Women never liked me because of my hair. They liked me because of me. These are all good looking women I will remind you. Stop googling this nonsense. Start hitting the gym and being a ****ing man.

I'm so sick of reading these sob stories from you all. This was me not too long ago myself. Honestly shaving my head was the best decision ever. I feel passionate about this subject now because I'm disgusted people should have to hide who they are to the world. Wearing a ball cap is cool but not 24/7...you might as well get a tupee dude everyone knows.

Losing your hair early in life sucks...but you haven't lost a limb. You haven't lost any wisdom or integrity you have. Own that shit. Be a boss. Nobody cares!!!! I'm promising you that. I noticed anyone who gives you the look is probably losing hair themselves. Cut that shit down and nobody will know!!

I feel so invigorated and confident now it's amazing. Straight up...stop being such pussies. I was there. It's a pathetic state of being and I want everyone to just try the head shave. At least clip that shit down to a one!!! Seriously everyone. There is life after bald. And there's a million things I'd rather not have to deal with.
    PEACE
    I agree with your attitude. It's too bad the shave doesn't work for everyone. Some people do look truly unusual when shaved down. I will only shave when my hair is absolutely f*cked beyond recognition. Until then, I have to stick with the treatments. My head is not conducive to the shaved look, as several people have told me, unfortunately. What's your take on guys with messed up looking heads?

I am not sure what you mean by messed up head. Mine isn't flawless but still looks acceptable when shaved. Not the perfect dome that's for sure but better than some peoples as well. It doesn't look as premium perhaps as it would with an awesome set of hairs sprouting from all around it but it never looks horrific.

Of course added benefits being there is no hat or weather or wind which can screw with the do. It just always looks the same hehehe.

I think for the most part we all hate so many little things about our bodies other people don't even notice that generally you are okay shaved regardless. A very light buzz often looks better than the balding and trying to cover or disguise it sort of look as well. So I'd say unless you have a heinously deformed head you're probably in the clear.

In my case, imagine Jason Statham's head but a little longer and pointy on top. It sucks, but I'm hoping to bulk up my body to where things look more proportionate. I'll never be happy with it, but I'm just hoping to get to the point where I can at least go hatless and not feel horribly embarrassed, like at formal events, etc. I know most people won't openly ridicule me, but I really hate how it looks, so it's hard to be confident and act like I'm not bothered by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durden00 View Post
    I'd also like to bring this fact to everyone's attention...I don't see many women posting on this blog. Go to reddit.com - search men's hair loss and you'll read many positive statements from intelligent women who can attest that it really doesn't matter
    You're an idiot if you actually believe what those women say. They'll always give you the socially acceptable answer, but when it comes time to put their money where their mouth is, well, let's just say that you'll be in for quite the surprise.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlMEKp1DGv4

What do you think the women would answer if the guy asking the questions had an NW1 mop ? Don't let them fool you.