Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • papes
    • Nov 2014

Totally new to this losing hair thing

45 years old and started to thin on top , back and my frontal hair before the summer started

As of now ive ,been taking rogaine 5 % for a month and waiting on a order of ru 58841 (should be receiving it by next week)..

just a couple of question

1. what norwood im i at ?
    2. I'm i heading to a norwood 6 ?

mpb runs on my moms mother's side .

always had a receding hair line(widows peak) since i was in my early 20's.

btw: my hair just started to thin and recede very fast (in the frontal area) in the last couple of months .

gif image hosting

screen shot on windows
  • Jazz1
    Inactive
    • Aug 2012

Your hair looks good and can be saved, why RU? I would have left RU as last result and opted for Finesteride plus keto shampoo.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Jazz1
      Your hair looks good and can be saved, why RU? I would have left RU as last result and opted for Finesteride plus keto shampoo.
      That's right, keep experimentals in your back pocket just in case.

Comment

• ParanoiaDestroya
        • Nov 2014

I'm very conservative when it comes to hair loss. Heck, I don't even bother with minoxidil. I just take 1mg finasteride. But if you are considering "experimental" options, then I would agree with Jazz1 and Notcoolanymore. Save that stuff as your last line.

Your pattern looks like a Norwood 6 with diffuse thinning. You've still got a fair bit of there, though, so aside from treatments you might also look at Caboki/Toppik/Couvre for concealing purposes. I was very surprised to see how well it worked on others. Especially if your loss is mostly diffuse.

Comment

• papes
          • Nov 2014

i would love to pop a pill every day but Due to my past medical condition(major surgery) in my internal abdominal area ,Any type of pill is a no no for my stomach ,even 1 aspirin can cause my stomach to go wildly . This is why i went to ru as a second back up .

Plus i haven't had a beer in 3 years after my surgery ..(What a bummer)... lol

Comment

• ParanoiaDestroya
            • Nov 2014

As someone with ulcers and "IBS" in general, I can understand where you're coming from. I know I wouldn't take anything that made my stomach issues significantly worse.

Comment

• papes
              • Nov 2014

It would good if they could find a way to transform theses pills to a liquify form .Than i'll be able to intravenous the liquid threw my pick line ..

Comment

Working...