I feel life is difficult for everyone, not just me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlightTL
    • Jun 2011

I feel life is difficult for everyone, not just me.

I really do feel that everyone struggles with life in some way or another.

For me, obviously being Norwood 7 so early, being rudely and violently made fun of in public and private for looking old, ugly, and bald hurts and still hurts emotionally. And not have a career direction or proper job(10 hrs do not count) hurts.

But I have to remind myself that every human being on this Earth has issues that bother them and make them sad.

EVERY human has sadness. Not just me.
  • blondetooth
    • Oct 2014

Have you tried concealers? I ordered some dermmatch for my norwood 4.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
      • Jun 2013

Word.

How's the Eharmony thing going? Any hot prospects?

Comment

• Munkynutz
        • Aug 2014

More work = good call. Money can give you confidence hahaha. It's true though. I normally put in 50-60 hours a week and make decent coin but am still Not satisfied with it so I am finishing getting a tractor- trailer license right now and then I am off to Alberta to make that dirty oil monies!!!

You know they'll pay you over 150k a year out there just as labour? Long hours, not the most glorious job in the world but hot damn there are stacks of cash that way.

And yes life is not all sunshine and lollipops. Be happy you live in a good country and aren't starving to death on a daily basis. The hair is a small worry when it comes to the various problems you can have in life.

take it easy on yourself my man!!

Comment

• blondetooth
          • Oct 2014

Being bald does in fact require more effort to be "normal" compaired to non bald's. Money is an issue, and the problem that it is harder for a bald guy to be successful in life. This makes it even harder to be accepted. Its like trying to swing a bat in mud. No homeruns for me. I hate my hair, nw4.

Comment

• FlightTL
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by blondetooth
            Have you tried concealers? I ordered some dermmatch for my norwood 4.
            Tried caboki. It does wonders for my confidence. But it looks completely fake.

Comment

• FlightTL
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Notcoolanymore
              Word.

How's the Eharmony thing going? Any hot prospects?

I chat with women. But they want real pics, and when I send them, no responses afterwards.

Comment

• FlightTL
                • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Munkynutz
                More work = good call. Money can give you confidence hahaha. It's true though. I normally put in 50-60 hours a week and make decent coin but am still Not satisfied with it so I am finishing getting a tractor- trailer license right now and then I am off to Alberta to make that dirty oil monies!!!

You know they'll pay you over 150k a year out there just as labour? Long hours, not the most glorious job in the world but hot damn there are stacks of cash that way.

And yes life is not all sunshine and lollipops. Be happy you live in a good country and aren't starving to death on a daily basis. The hair is a small worry when it comes to the various problems you can have in life.

take it easy on yourself my man!!
                Thanks

Comment

• blondetooth
                  • Oct 2014

More work = good call. Money can give you confidence hahaha.

It's hard enough to be in the high upper class, having nice hair is a huge headstart. It's hard to be bald and successful.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by FlightTL
                    I chat with women. But they want real pics, and when I send them, no responses afterwards.
                    Take a few pics of yourself dressed in decent attire. Choose the best on and post that as your profile pic. Just put it out there, then they can see what you look like and decide if they want to continue chatting. You will save yourself a lot of time, disappointment and frustration.

Comment

• Munkynutz
                      • Aug 2014

Hard to be in the upper class? You sure about that? I guess what I get paid now puts me upper middle class but I still think you are maybe just not old enough or experienced enough to have mingled with enough people in the upper wealth of society.

My two friends who got their medical certification and work as doctors lack a ton of hair and they'd probably fall into that lower upper class category. But getting those jobs is about as difficult as doing the schoolwork for it.

My wealthiest friends all drive trucks and I assure you of all the things they worry about during job interviews the least of their concerns is how much damned hair you have on your head. You just can't get past the fact you don't need hair for a good job though, I understand. Truth is employers don't give a crap. You are valued as an employee for showing up on time, not calling in sick, being proficient in your job and your general attitude. Quantity of hair? Not so important.

So if you need wealth and just can't fathom how to get it, get your ass in a tractor trailer and then head to a resource rich part of the planet and lay it the eff down. My best paid friends are in Alberta making 150-300k a year. It's a lot of work, long hours, gives crazy time off, and complete financial freedom (or access to complete financial irresponsibility - or combination of both).

You're only as limited as you choose to be.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                        • Jun 2013

You're only as limited as you choose to be.
                        Stop using NW7 as an excuse for all of your life problems. Your mind is hurting you more than your lack of hair.

I didn't realize truck drivers made that much money!!!

Comment

• Munkynutz
                          • Aug 2014

Not all of them man, it seriously requires oil or natural resources to back that up. Average is considerably lower, but shorter work weeks too. I'm headed to AB myself for the oil money in a few months, and have been getting my license for this reason.

Oil pays well, but you tend to work 12 hours a day and for stretches up to 20 days straight. Then have ten days off and back at it. Lifestyle isn't for everyone.

Lower end of pay is 15 an hour or so here in Ottawa right now but climbs as high as 120 a year depending on what you are hauling. Dangerous goods probably fetch more. Delivering bags of chips to the local convenience store would be considerably less (like 50-70). Good money even in unionized places like coke and Pepsi mind you, probably 65 a year or so to start there too.

The real money in Canada is in Alberta or Saskatchewan unless you're running your own vehicles. Logging can be good too, and of course the ice road trucking. And a lot of those AB and Sask jobs include labour aspects like setting up vacuum or pumping lines, and cleaning up with large scale pressure washing equipment and shit.

But the cash is there if you want it. He'll labour jobs out there fetch 100+ a year too, as long as it's oil related.

Ahh The Patch life hahaha.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                            Doctor Representative
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by FlightTL
                            I really do feel that everyone struggles with life in some way or another. EVERY human has sadness. Not just me.
                            I remember envying a young man who inherited a prosperous business from his dad. Seemed on the surface he had a perfect life. No money worries, had a nice house and wife. later I learned that due to doctor error his baby suffered brain damage during birth. Short of a miracle or breakthrough technology his child will require constant care and never live a normal life.

I once worked for a guy who lives in a brick mansion that seemed like the ideal house. I was regretting buying my rather low-end home because I had to do so many repairs. Turns out his brick mansion was slapped together and repairs cost many times more than repairs on my home. Looked good on the outside though. No one enjoys feeling defeated. I once felt that way in my mid twenties and fought back with everything I had. My life gradually improved in a big way. My hair still kind of sucks though, but my wife and daughter don't seem to care. Really bald in the back.

Chuck

Comment

Working...