+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've lost complete hope for pilofocus.. It's been a year that it's been supposed to be offered to all and we still have Artista telling us to HAVE HOPE because IN A MONTH OR TWO Carlos Wesley will do his FIRST trial...

I have been completely disappointed with the whole Pilofocus thing. It is over for me. If you think of it, Carlos Wesley is more like a charlatan and probably has been using this hype as publicity for his clinic...

Am i wrong or the only benefit from pilofocus is no visible scars? So basically for people who don't want to shave head it's no benefit at all?

Quote Originally Posted by rambo007 View Post
    Am i wrong or the only benefit from pilofocus is no visible scars? So basically for people who don't want to shave head it's no benefit at all?
    The graft survival rate is supposed to be much higher as well as allowing you to pick more hair from the donor area. Think of it as 20% more hair. Still crap either way.

Although this method should allow body hair to be harvested, Wesley still hasnt given much thought into this (BHT on this would effectively cure many of us). It's pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo007 View Post
    The next trial is for its regenerative properties. The initial case studies showed anecdotal evidence of regeneration that convinced Dr. Wesley to pursue another phase of trials to see how much hair they could get to regenerate on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    The next trial is for its regenerative properties. The initial case studies showed anecdotal evidence of regeneration that convinced Dr. Wesley to pursue another phase of trials to see how much hair they could get to regenerate on a consistent basis.
    don't believe any of it.. he's just after publicity. by the time he gets somewhere, REPLICEL would have marketed its procedure and I rather do that than have a stupid FUE with little to no chance regeneration based on no scientific evidence. the guy's nothing but talk... actually, he's not even the one talkin' lol, it's Artista that's been hyping us all up for nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    don't believe any of it.. he's just after publicity. by the time he gets somewhere, REPLICEL would have marketed its procedure and I rather do that than have a stupid FUE with little to no chance regeneration based on no scientific evidence. the guy's nothing but talk... actually, he's not even the one talkin' lol, it's Artista that's been hyping us all up for nothing..
    The fact of the matter is, Dr. Wesley wants this to come to market as soon as we do, however, surgery isn't something that should ever be taken lightly and there are many steps to bringing a new device to market. I'm sure the delays are in the patients best interest, as Dr. Wesley wants everything working 100% perfectly when it's released. Furthermore, their IS science that backs the potential for consistent, substantial donor regeneration. Look at the link Dr. Wesley posted in the other thread regarding pilofocus, it's a couple pages in.

FTL

Keep in mind...the man has a day job.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    The fact of the matter is, Dr. Wesley wants this to come to market as soon as we do, however, surgery isn't something that should ever be taken lightly and there are many steps to bringing a new device to market. I'm sure the delays are in the patients best interest, as Dr. Wesley wants everything working 100% perfectly when it's released. Furthermore, their IS science that backs the potential for consistent, substantial donor regeneration. Look at the link Dr. Wesley posted in the other thread regarding pilofocus, it's a couple pages in.

FTL
    +1

Default Rahal + pilofoucus

As I've said before, speculation is dangerous. But it's fun so here we go:

Rahal working with Wesley on Pilofocus totally makes sense, especially in light of the tantalizing way "Joetronic" (who now works with Dr. Rahal) ends this post on his blog:

http://hairtransplantmentor.com/who-is-the-best/

"2015 is going to be a big year for more than a few reasons. Stay tuned."

He's definitely hinting at something...

Joe, any comment?