+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair Transplants in Los Angeles

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has had HT out here in Los Angeles and what the experience was like with which doctor. So far I have gone to Dr. Ziering and to the Bosley guys. I've read a bunch of bad reviews online for both! Scars, scams, and shit - OH, MY! Bosley is making millions a year, so there must be some happy people that go and return for more grafts. Anyway, if you have experience with these places or know first hand of people who have been, kindly let me know what the outcomes were and recommendations. I will probably also visit the other IAHRS recommended doctors in LA, but Bosley is having a "sale" til the end of the year where you can get grafts as low as $4.75. Zeiring gave me $5/graft. Bosley also said that they would honor that price for all future procedures if I decided to start out small and just do the hairline to start. So that was a nice bonus for me. Thanks for any input.

Inactive

Hey man. As enticing as a sale at Bosley can be, I urge you to continue looking at more credible surgeons. (And out of curiosity, was the quoted price for FUE or FUT? If that's the price they quoted you for FUT (the strip method), then it's not much of a sale at all. The going rate for FUT with reputable surgeons is around $4-5/graft. Around $8 for FUE.) And while price is definitely a factor, when you're choosing something like a hair transplant, you need to be willing to not let the price carry so much weight with your decision. It's something that will have lifelong consequences, and you want those consequences to be positive, not negative. So if this means saving for a little while longer or taking out a slightly larger loan, I think it's worth it. You can end up spending so much more money trying to have a botched surgery repaired later on.

So as for other doctors in Los Angeles, you definitely have some options, starting with the IAHRS recommended doctors. I can only speak from personal experience about Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who did my transplant about 4 months ago. I can't recommend him and his staff enough. And coincidentally, he just announced today that he is offering a free hair transplant to a chosen individual who will be the subject of an upcoming documentary style video that Dr. Mohebi is working on with an acclaimed director here in LA. It's worth looking into if you're interested. Here's a link to more info: Free Hair Transplant Contest

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.... And keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Thanks! I went to another doctor before Bosley and when I compared the prices, they were only $1 less per graft than I was quoted for a non-sale at the other doc. So yeah, I'm going to stay away from Bosley and avoid being one of their horror stories, lol. It was for an FUT - which I really don't want. I looked good with a shaved head, but I seem to get more work with hair, so had to grow the bit I have back, haha.

Unfortunately, my credit is pretty shitty at the moment so don't qualify for any big loans. Bosley ran my credit and I only got approved for $1k, so had to tell them no on that matter.

I'm definitely going to look into Dr. Mohebi. I saw a video he did on YouTube and he seems to be good with Saw Palmetto and not pushing propecia because he sits on the board and has a financial investment in the company like the first doctor I went to. And a free transplant would be awesome!!!

Thanks for the info. I'll try to keep you posted.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Jmf8 View Post
    Thanks! I went to another doctor before Bosley and when I compared the prices, they were only $1 less per graft than I was quoted for a non-sale at the other doc. So yeah, I'm going to stay away from Bosley and avoid being one of their horror stories, lol. It was for an FUT - which I really don't want. I looked good with a shaved head, but I seem to get more work with hair, so had to grow the bit I have back, haha.

Unfortunately, my credit is pretty shitty at the moment so don't qualify for any big loans. Bosley ran my credit and I only got approved for $1k, so had to tell them no on that matter.

I'm definitely going to look into Dr. Mohebi. I saw a video he did on YouTube and he seems to be good with Saw Palmetto and not pushing propecia because he sits on the board and has a financial investment in the company like the first doctor I went to. And a free transplant would be awesome!!!

Thanks for the info. I'll try to keep you posted.
    Yeah, those "sale" prices didn't seem like much of a bargain. Glad you straightened that out - and I'm really glad you're expanding your horizon and looking beyond Bosley.

You'll find that Dr. Mohebi doesn't push you to do anything you don't feel comfortable with. Even when designing my new hairline, he made it very clear that the decision was ultimately up to me and he worked with me to find a solution that we were both happy with.

Check out the contest. If you can get a hair transplant for free, go for it. It could be just what the hair doctor ordered. Go to his Facebook page "Parsa Mohebi MD" for all the information, and then just upload a submission there.