+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Convince me that I can drop dut

Hi all,

I've been using 100mg RU daily and 0.5mg dut daily for 6 months now and, bar a few scares, I've been pleased with the results. Whilst I can't say that I've regrown any hair, my hair loss has slowed down dramatically; perhaps even stopped.

Recently however, I've been contemplating dropping dut. I'm only 20 years old and I don't know how I feel about messing with my body at such a young age. When I initially started taking dut, it was out of panic. I'd done a year on finasteride and had made no progress with my receding temples. Now that I'm using 100mg RU, plus the following lotion...

MINOX15%/AA1.5%/FINASTERIDE 0.1%/R.A. 0.025%/PROGESTERONE 0.25%/HYDROCORTISONE 0.1%/BIOTIN 3%

...every day, using dut as well seems like overkill.

Do you think I could cope without using dut? If so, should I begin to take fin instead as a precaution, or stop taking 5α-reductase inhibitors altogether?

Hows the lotion doing any update?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Hows the lotion doing any update?
    Too soon to say but I'm definitely finding it easier to apply now.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Too soon to say but I'm definitely finding it easier to apply now.
    Cool, let me know how regrowth goes .

Cool, let me know how regrowth goes .
    Do you take fin or dut orally as well as using the lotion? My current regime seems like serious overkill considering I use RU and fin topically.

If RU is working for you then I would say that yeah taking dut is overkill. Instead of just dropping dut cold turkey I would taper off. Start taking it every other day for a month or so and see if you lose any ground. If you do then you know that it is the dut that is saving your hair. If your hair is fine then taper off some more, maybe take it a couple of times a week for a month, then reassess your hair. If all is good continue to taper until you are completely off of the drug. I think that is a better strategy than just quitting and possibly setting yourself up for a huge shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    Do you take fin or dut orally as well as using the lotion? My current regime seems like serious overkill considering I use RU and fin topically.
    I use 1mg FIN EOD, it's weird if I stop topical lotion my Hairloss starts vise versa even with oral.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    If RU is working for you then I would say that yeah taking dut is overkill. Instead of just dropping dut cold turkey I would taper off. Start taking it every other day for a month or so and see if you lose any ground. If you do then you know that it is the dut that is saving your hair. If your hair is fine then taper off some more, maybe take it a couple of times a week for a month, then reassess your hair. If all is good continue to taper until you are completely off of the drug. I think that is a better strategy than just quitting and possibly setting yourself up for a huge shed.
    Exactly the sort of response I was looking for, thank you. Should I try rotating in fin at all?

I use 1mg FIN EOD, it's weird if I stop topical lotion my Hairloss starts vise versa even with oral.
    Fair enough. I really think I can afford to at least switch to fin.

Stick to a micro dose of fin worse case scenario. Dut it 100x stronger, so it is strong just like you predicted.

You can try plugging fin, or railing/ sniffing it to get better absorbtion through your nasal cavity. This is helpful if your down to your last pill and you need to to last until your next batch of pills come in/ delayed? You can snort small lines and make a 5mg Fincar pill last 2-3 weeks if you do it right. You could technically snort Dutas too, but its a liquid, so get a straw and tip your head back and let it drain into your nasal passages.

Im not sure if I answered your questions but hopfully you can find a solution. Stick with proven treatments, I thought RU was a scam website?