+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

very unnecessary to use DUT daily, it stays in your system for about 3 weeks(as in, your DHT levels stay the same for about 19-20 days! compared to 2-3 days with fin)

ease off and go down to EOD or every few days or even just once a week(thats what im doing!)

Would never stop taking a DHT inhibitor with hairloss, you will just shed like crazy, got off FIN for a week while on vacation came back and was shedding like crazy! it's why i switched to DUT.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    very unnecessary to use DUT daily, it stays in your system for about 3 weeks(as in, your DHT levels stay the same for about 19-20 days! compared to 2-3 days with fin)

ease off and go down to EOD or every few days or even just once a week(thats what im doing!)

Would never stop taking a DHT inhibitor with hairloss, you will just shed like crazy, got off FIN for a week while on vacation came back and was shedding like crazy! it's why i switched to DUT.
    So you think it's better to take dut once a week than fin every day?

In that case Dut would be more effective than fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan C View Post
    So you think it's better to take dut once a week than fin every day?
    It's clinically proven to be better at even a lower dose than that.

DUT if you can handle it without sides is clinically proven to be twice as good as FIN almost(i'm pretty good so far, ball ache the first few days, dont have any problems now)

Going from DUT to fin is a large downgrade unless you are a very slow hairloss sufferer, as in someone older who has been gradually losing it for years, not someone young who may get more aggressive

Like I said it depends on whether you are using the method of insufflation or not. Dut I'd very effective. 100x more than fin.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    It's clinically proven to be better at even a lower dose than that.

DUT if you can handle it without sides is clinically proven to be twice as good as FIN almost(i'm pretty good so far, ball ache the first few days, dont have any problems now)

Going from DUT to fin is a large downgrade unless you are a very slow hairloss sufferer, as in someone older who has been gradually losing it for years, not someone young who may get more aggressive
    Fair enough. If I could get to a point where Im only using dut once a week, I would be really pleased. The reason I suggested switching to fin is because I'm on a number of other treatments too, including RU, topical fin and 15% minox.

Update: I've immediately started shedding on days that I don't take dut. However, I have noticed that I feel a lot fresher on days that I avoid using it. I'm able to concentrate better, have more energy and my mood is more consistent. I had previously put my low energy and random mood swings down to other factors but this experiment has been quite opening.

Despite this, the shedding is distressing and I'm not sure if I should continue taking dut less often. If there is a possibility that my body will adjust over time then I'll stick with it; if not, I can't afford to keep shedding hairs and I'll have to return to taking dut every day.

It's physically impossible for you to shed within a day of no Dut. Mind games are a serious problem you and I have to deal with, this forum included.

Did you know the side effects of finesteride, which were recorded by professionals in a scientific environment were:

% 2 for finesteride

and % 1 for a finesteride placebo pill. That means that half of the complaints are just mind games.

Quote Originally Posted by blondetooth View Post
    It's physically impossible for you to shed within a day of no Dut. Mind games are a serious problem you and I have to deal with, this forum included.

Did you know the side effects of finesteride, which were recorded by professionals in a scientific environment were:

% 2 for finesteride

and % 1 for a finesteride placebo pill. That means that half of the complaints are just mind games.
    I definitely have been shedding but I accept your point. At the same as taking dut less frequently, I've started preparing RU a week in advance; it could be that leaving RU pre-prepared in my fridge for a week is decreasing its potency.

Also, a lot of people on this thread have mentioned that taking dut every day is ultimately unnecessary, but there must be some reasoning behind the fact that its recommended usage is daily. I know that dut is intended for treatment of prostates but the overall goal is still the same; to minimise DHT levels.