Opinions needed - Do you think it's worthwhile growing my hair.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dooby
    • Nov 2009

Opinions needed - Do you think it's worthwhile growing my hair.

Hi guys,

I'm 26 years old and have diffuse thinning on my hair. About 1.5 years ago my hair started thinning out all of a sudden. No history of baldness in my family. I've got no idea what brought it on.

Anyway, I've been sporting a short buzz cut ever since. I used Couvre to cover up my scalp and blend it all in with my hair. It works OK, just looks like I'm a guy with a buzzcut.

But I've been thinking if it might be worth me attempting to grow my hair out even more and then using more stuff like Toppik, Fullmore etc to cover up.

I've attached a photo of the top of my head, after a shower, without any Courve or coverup on. It's under pretty harsh lighting.

Do you think it's worth me trying to grow my hair out on top? Or am I too far gone in terms of the hairloss. Whaddya think?

Thanks guys.

• Delphi
    • Mar 2009

Why not give it a try? You can always buzz it down again if you don’t like it. Maybe with the couvre you can make it look even thicker when it grows out an inch or so?

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

It may certainly be worth a try. Longer hair sometimes allows a feathering effect which can give you additional coverage. In combination with products like Toppik you could obtain a good result. You really need to figure out whether or not you like the look of longer hair or shorter hair. Like Delphi said you could always buzz it down again.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...