+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

This is an awesone topic.

I had some extra money and I'm getting desperate. I realize in terms of practical applications there's nothing, but the science makes sense so I bought a couple of lotions and pills. I truly feel it's all about your body attacking your scalp and it's just finding the right balance of drugs to tell it to stop. That's why I don't have a lot of faith in the Big 3, because it's just a shot in the dark. These writings have much greater understanding of what's going on than Merck or Rogaine or other big pharmas.

Here's what I got, all available from Amazon:

SesDerma Sebovalis: Lithium Gluconate 4%, Piroctone Olamine, Salicylic Acid. Will use 2-4 times a week. I guess I will skip my minox-fin applications on those days.

DMSO 70% / Aloe Vera 30%: Will put on for an hour to scalp before showering.

Organic Fenugreek Seedpowder: It says this is supposed to help breastfeeding? I'm already suspectible to gyno from Fin, I hope this doesn't get me lactating. Good God. Will take a pill every day or every other day.

Litsea Glutinosa Shampoo: It's supposed to have Brevilin A. Will use every other day.

Neogenic: I have some lying around. Any help on how to fit that into this regimen? How long does it need to stay on my scalp. How many times a day/week?

On top of that I have a minox, fin, azelaic acid, and tretinoin mix that I use. Ante's now saying azelaic acid is not good, but I just ordered 2 new bottles so that's not really an option.

So please give me some comments on this regimen, guys. Anyone, hellouser, anteup, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    This is an awesone topic.

I had some extra money and I'm getting desperate. I realize in terms of practical applications there's nothing, but the science makes sense so I bought a couple of lotions and pills. I truly feel it's all about your body attacking your scalp and it's just finding the right balance of drugs to tell it to stop. That's why I don't have a lot of faith in the Big 3, because it's just a shot in the dark. These writings have much greater understanding of what's going on than Merck or Rogaine or other big pharmas.

Here's what I got, all available from Amazon:

SesDerma Sebovalis: Lithium Gluconate 4%, Piroctone Olamine, Salicylic Acid. Will use 2-4 times a week. I guess I will skip my minox-fin applications on those days.

DMSO 70% / Aloe Vera 30%: Will put on for an hour to scalp before showering.

Organic Fenugreek Seedpowder: It says this is supposed to help breastfeeding? I'm already suspectible to gyno from Fin, I hope this doesn't get me lactating. Good God. Will take a pill every day or every other day.

Litsea Glutinosa Shampoo: It's supposed to have Brevilin A. Will use every other day.

Neogenic: I have some lying around. Any help on how to fit that into this regimen? How long does it need to stay on my scalp. How many times a day/week?

On top of that I have a minox, fin, azelaic acid, and tretinoin mix that I use. Ante's now saying azelaic acid is not good, but I just ordered 2 new bottles so that's not really an option.

So please give me some comments on this regimen, guys. Anyone, hellouser, anteup, etc.
    Add RU if you can. Dermaroll and exfoliate your scalp when you can.

Personally, I think Tofacitinib and Chlorine Dioxide would help a lot more.

I was misinformed about Azelaic Acid. I did a more in depth research about it and found out information that has made me to forever stop using it for hair loss. The only way I would use this if I had some type of over proliferative problem like in psoriasis, rosacea, etc. I high recommend anyone who is using Azelaic Acid topically for hair loss to stop using it.

First it decreases mitochondrial ATP synthesis. This is terrible for those of us that are trying to regrow hair. However, this is the reason why it works for over proliferation like in psoriasis and conditions like rosacea.

Second, take note if you are wounding, that it decreases p53 and p21. These two are anti senescence, however in order to prevent fibrosis we need to eventually inhibit myofibroblasts via p53 and p16. So, using azelaic acid daily after wounding may actually CAUSE fibrosis.

http://www.impactaging.com/papers/v2...ll/100201.html

More reason why Azelaic Acid is bad: it inhibits oxidoreductases

http://www.phosphosite.org/proteinAc...wAllSites=true

Information taken from http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/...0/er.2006-0020 :
    It helps to recall a few basic facts in estrogen biology to understand the mechanisms by which estrogens may affect hair follicle growth and cycling. E2 de novo synthesis starts from cholesterol precursors. The final step essentially requires androgens as substrates. For the conversion of testosterone to E2, testosterone is converted to 19-hydroxytestosterone by a monooxygenase (EC 1.14.13.), then to 19-oxotestosterone, which is then converted to E2 by an oxidoreductase (EC 1.14.99.).
    An alternative route is via 4-androstene-3,17-dione, which is converted to estrone by a monooxygenase (EC 1.14.13.), and then by an oxidoreductase to E2 (EC 1.14.99.). Estrone can be metabolized to E2 by 3β (or 17β)-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (Ref. 119) (EC 1.1.1.51) or estradiol 17β-dehydrogenase (Ref. 120) (EC 1.1.1.62). The only known pathway connecting testosterone to E2 is the cytochrome P-450 enzyme aromatase (EC 1.14.14.1, CYP19A1; ARO) pathway (Fig. 2). The CYP19 gene is localized on chromosome 15. It spans nine coding exons and a few untranslated exons, upstream of exon II, namely exon I1–I5.

Basically, Azelaic Acid is not allowing testosterone to convert to E2 (estradiol) in the hair follicle. This is via the mitochondria.

Estrogens are able to modify androgen metabolism within distinct subunits of the hair follicle (e.g., in the dermal papilla), diminishing the amount of 5α-dihydrotestosterone formed after incubation with testosterone (38). It is not yet known whether this effect is mediated directly by an inhibition of 5α-reductase within the hair follicle or indirectly through estrogen-induced increased conversion of testosterone to weaker androgens (38). Because aromatase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to E2 is also found at many of the sites of ER and androgen receptor expression (39), the local balance between E2 and androgen levels may serve to fine-tune E2 and androgen action in their target cells (40). This is further supported by the growing evidence that steroid receptors can cross talk with one another, showing an interdependence of estrogen-, progesterone-, and androgen-receptor signaling pathways (33, 41).

The transformation of terminal to vellus hair follicles in androgenetic alopecia is also associated with a discrete infiltration of perifollicular macrophages and with mast cell activation, which has been proposed to be inherent to the terminal-to-vellus switch itself (77, 78). Also, mast cells and macrophages likely play at least an important modulatory (although nonessential) role in the control of hair follicle cycle (73, 76 ; for review, see Ref. 34). Therefore, although this remains entirely speculative, the well-recognized immunomodulatory properties of estrogen (79, 80, 81) may indeed be relevant to hair cycle control.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Add RU if you can. Dermaroll and exfoliate your scalp when you can.

Personally, I think Tofacitinib and Chlorine Dioxide would help a lot more.
    I might give Ru a second try, I was on it for a very short time, but I freaked out when I saw that my erections were being affected and quit immideately.

As for Tofacitinib, there's no way I can get a hold of that. How did you obtain some? I barely got Fin because there's an online website that gives you prescriptions.

As for chlorine dioxide, I don't know how to prepare it. Ordering something off the shelf is so much easier. And Indon't want to lose hair, which I think is expected at first on CD.

AnteUp, thanks. I'm gonna see if I can drop AA from my topical. Unfortunately, I just put a new order in right before yesterday.

I used to dermaroll but because of the pain, I could only do it once a month, which matches your recommendation. However, I stopped that, but am now plannig to get back on it. I guess 1.5 mm isn't deep enough? But that's basically about as big as dermarollers get and I don't want to go experimenting with other woundig methods at home unless you have a reasonable method for it.

Ante, what do you think of lithium gluconate? Do you think that will cover the lithium topical aspect of your suggestions or does it have to be a specific form of lithium? And what about neogenic, do you still rate jt?

Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteUp View Post
    We now have the potential to induce the proliferation of CD34 via lithium and CD200 via low dose ROS (hydrogen peroxide). Lithium and wounding will promote anagen. Wounding the scalp will allow (please read the 3 page pdf I posted a link to below) the other progenitor/stem cells proliferation involved with the hair follicle. Wounding will allow us to break fibrotic plaques and during healing will allow angiogenesis (blood vessels, etc) to take place; so that we can have the optimal environment for thick terminal hair. The low dose ROS oxidant should counteract the inhibition of Lgr5/CD200 during wounding.

Not all my links are about the hair follicle. If you want more proof, do your own search. Better yet, start talking to potential medical researchers about this and see if they can verify it. I would like to see a future study regarding this idea. I believe if I can do a simple online search, reading articles, and finding information as what I wrote above, there can be a way to cure Androgenetic Alopecia. The sad truth is that there is no money involved in a cure; especially if it is as simple as what I posted above. The money is in hair transplants, synthetic medicines, topicals, and injections. If we were to fund our own research or if the medical community obliges to sincerely help, we can find a cure.

[/url]

So let me know if I got this right.

According to your research we should be wounding our scalp every 30-40 days, and we should be applying lithium as well as hydrogen peroxide?

If so, should we apply the lithium right after wounding the scalp or should we wait a day or two? Also should we apply the hydrogen peroxide with the lithium or should they be on separate days?

AnteUp,

What can we do now to kick start all this in my regimen?

I bought the Jinda JAK inhibitor shampoo and will apply it 5 times a week (Nizoral 2 times a week).

Minoxidil foam 5% twice every day.

Vitamin B-complex (biotin etc.. included) + Resveratrol + Green Tea extracts every morning.

What else can I apply? Pygeum powder for Atraric Acid? Lithium Chloride how, is it available in herbal form or shampoo or something topical? Alzaic Acid? How can we try all this?

Your study is very intriguing and I want to give it a try given the fact that it can be tried herbally by using supplements but i just don't know where these substances are found for me to use them.

Could you make a list ?

Any updates, Ante?