+ Reply to Thread

Default Shall i try CB at 5%???

Hi All,

Lurker on this forum and finally posting

I'm a bit of a NW3 w some diffuse loss - tried Fin and RU but seem to be very sensitive w side and so off them

I'm very tempted to get enough CB to try it for about 3 months at 5% to see if I can get any results (thickening and perhaps growth).

Would use 5% but would only be one application a day (or 2 x 2.5%) and not twice a day as per Cosmo current trial. Would love to use 2 x day but cant afford, however, if there is a possibility with 5% working via a standard vehicle, then i would be surprised if 5% once a day didnt have some noticeable effect

Vehicle would probably be ethanol/ PG or neogenic

Question to you guys: has anyone actually ever reported or seen a report on these forums of CB with the above vehicles working on any front? Plus does anyone know what volume of vehicle Comso are using (so can work out mg of CB)

Part of me thinking this this could be a total waste of time as dont think i've seen one positive user report, but the other half hoping it might just do something...

Thank you

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimetoGrow View Post
    Hi All,
    Part of me thinking this this could be a total waste of time as don't think i've seen one positive user report, but the other half hoping it might just do something...

Thank you
    One thing we can count on is opportunists formulating "cures" based upon the latest research and playing on the hopes of men with hair loss. This has been going on for centuries. IMO, you should stick with proven treatments. Believe it or not some men who have problems with finasteride, do OK with dutasteride even though it's a more powerful medication.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 03:33 AM.

Is CB even out yet? Where are you guys getting this stuff?

U need 10% it will cost 7k year

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Before it was 5% and now it's 10%?

I would advise against it for now. It will cost you a fortune and we don't really know enough about it at this stage to part with that kind of money. Sit tight and wait until we gain more knowledge about how to use it effectively. I've heard some guys on here talk about topical dut, which I'm looking into on top of my current regimen of RU, minoxidil, nizoral and saw palmetto.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post

Hi Lilpauly, not sure if i agree

Merc published their own results that 0.2mg Fin was 80% as effective as 1mg (20% less).

Thus, you'd think 5% a day, 50% less (although we dont know ml volumes) would have some effect esp given cosmo previous results... even 50% drop in results over their 2010 results would still be massively visible

Back to the first original question :-) , has any one seen or heard of any results on CB whatsoever when PG/eth was used as the vehicle?