+ Reply to Thread

Default Things have gotten much worse.

Hi.

It's been a few months since I posted here. To those who remember me and my problem, things have gotten much worse as I have continued to lose more and more of transplanted hair and now, out of the 4700 plus grafts I've had over the years including the one I had 2 years ago I don't think I have even 30% left and I don't think it's stopping. In fact, the loss is happening more rapidly now for some reason. Right now, I'm living in hell. That's how I can describe my life. I literally spend my days and nights driving around aimlessly just to try and keep my mind off. Or I tell myself it may be "seasonal shedding", although I don't really believe in this.

The thought that I might lose all the transplanted hair is killing me and making me lose my mind in fear. I never thought in a million years that I'd say this but it looks like shaving my head might be something that I'll have to consider, but having the scar/s in the back of my head means it won't be an easy thing. My brain is melting from thinking about the next step. What to do? I thought about getting FUEs in the scar but then they might be rejected just like all the transplants I've had, and then there's the cost. Financially, I have no money to burn. I'm so desperate I'm thinking about tattooing the hell out of my head now, and no, I don't mean SMP crap, but actual tattoos. Just getting a nice design tattooed all over my head starting where the scar is and upward. Would a colorful tattoo actually work in covering the scar??
    A few days ago I came across an article about "skin color tattoo" where they use a pigmentation that looks like skin color and saw some pics and I thought it looked good. They even showed pics of such tattoos done to cover HT scars. This sounds good to me and I'm wondering if any one has heard of this. Is it available in Canada?

One other thing, had some blood work done and one of the tests was to check if I have an autoimmune problem -my HT doctor and others thought the hairs were rejected due to some autoimmune problems- but they told me I didn't have any a/immune issues. So, for f**k's sake can any one on this planet tell me why the hell I'm losing my transplanted hair?

Do you even keep your mond and body healthy? All that focusing on the negative will make things worse.

Eat healthy, exercise, try natuaral oils etc. I am using a caffeine paste with a lot of growth stimulators in it a long with fin / dut.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    So, for f**k's sake can any one on this planet tell me why the hell I'm losing my transplanted hair?
    Wow, I am really sorry to hear that you have such trouble with hair loss. If there is the least suspicion of an autoimmune condition behind this loss, my advice would be to first pin down the real cause and see if something can be done. If not, then try to find a way to correct somehow the scar, buzz down your remaining hair and move on.

I have seen this year two or three guys with scar and very short hair (this is how I saw the scar!). One of them had a very ice looking girlfriend with him; if this can be comforting to you.

Thanks, vox. According to my family doctor I don't have any autoimmune problems. The blood test didn't show any. So, that's ruled out. Skin biopsy I had done prior to my last HT didn't show anything either and that's why I proceeded with the HT.

I want to correct the scar but I don't think I want to do any more transplanting. I'm really interested in the skin color tattooing I just found out about but I don't know if there are any places that offer this in Canada.

I don't care about dating or getting girlfriends....I'm just sick and tired of this problem and I want to keep my hair for myself.

Blondetooth, it's hard to keep your mind healthy with all this sh*t going on. I've been battling this for the last 15 years non-stop.

Sorry to hear this man. You have out a lot of effort and money into maintaining your hair so to have so many failures under your belt would be nothing short of depressing for anyone I thjnj.

You ever find out or remember what that rare disorder you have which causes the death of hair follicles may be?

I have only ever contacted Dr Rahal in Ottawa refarding HT's and their forms totally indicate that there is a possibility you may be one in ten whose head rejects a hair transplant so not all doctors ignore the issue.

For this reason I wonder if it is not wise to do a small Ht first and see how it reacts with your body hefore undertaking a more serious endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Thanks, vox. According to my family doctor I don't have any autoimmune problems. The blood test didn't show any. So, that's ruled out. Skin biopsy I had done prior to my last HT didn't show anything either and that's why I proceeded with the HT.

I want to correct the scar but I don't think I want to do any more transplanting. I'm really interested in the skin color tattooing I just found out about but I don't know if there are any places that offer this in Canada.

I don't care about dating or getting girlfriends....I'm just sick and tired of this problem and I want to keep my hair for myself.

Blondetooth, it's hard to keep your mind healthy with all this sh*t going on. I've been battling this for the last 15 years non-stop.
    I started read 'the secret' to become more positive. It helped. Hair loss is not easy for anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    Sorry to hear this man. You have out a lot of effort and money into maintaining your hair so to have so many failures under your belt would be nothing short of depressing for anyone I thjnj.

You ever find out or remember what that rare disorder you have which causes the death of hair follicles may be?

I have only ever contacted Dr Rahal in Ottawa refarding HT's and their forms totally indicate that there is a possibility you may be one in ten whose head rejects a hair transplant so not all doctors ignore the issue.

For this reason I wonder if it is not wise to do a small Ht first and see how it reacts with your body hefore undertaking a more serious endeavour.

Depressing doesn't even begin to describe what this is doing to me.

You know, I've dealt with four different doctors over the years and only the last one mentioned this rejection thing and only on the day I was about to undergo my 3rd HT (3rd with him). Unfortunately, many doctors (online) insist transplanted hair can never be lost, which is NOT true.

The problem with this rejection thing is that it can happen any time. Your transplanted hair might grow well for a year, two, three or even four and then starts falling. That's what happened with me. My hair was growing nicely after my last HT but exactly one year later it started falling out. Previous HTs lasted up to 4 years. So, getting a small HT and waiting to see how your body reacts to it isn't going to work unless you want to wait a few years after the first HT.