+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That's correct. I kept it at room temperature and noticed a two month supply would lose effectiveness sometime during the second half of the bottle. The original patent for KB claims it increases the stability of RU in KB to last months. I heard claims of up to 6 months thrown around.

Whether my supplier, which was mpbtreatments, was actually using true KB solution I don't know but given the RU seemed to be genuine I don't see why they'd skimp on the KB.

By the time the next bottle arrived, my scalp was as oily as if I wasn't using RU at all. Then I'd start the new bottle and bam, next day scalp oil was down by about half. Within 3 days I was waking up with a dry scalp which never happens, even on fin.

Then after maybe 4 weeks it would slowly start getting oilier again until by the end it was back to baseline.

This is my gauge for RU's effectiveness. It's not scientifically rigorous of course and I haven't had anybody else confirm or deny it, but given what we know about anti-androgens' effect on sebum production in acne it makes perfect sense. Given the cost of RU, this apparent failure to remain stable was enough to make me go back to fin even though I'm not really happy with it. I would like to start using RU (or CB) again and ditch fin altogether but I need a trusted supply of RU in the freezer. It's on my to-do list to come up with this but fin is working fine in the meantime when combined with minox, I'm retaining and have full regrowth in the crown.

Anyway, long story short - I don't recommend buying premixed RU, although again I stress my experience needs verification by others. Next time I will buy powdered RU and store it in the freezer and make it up perhaps every 2-3 weeks. This requires a fine resolution scale too to measure the RU perfectly.

As for your updated information re gyno - if what you say is truly gyno symptoms it sounds like RU is your only real choice. You can't really dilute fin much more and expect it to have an effect. I don't honestly think you would see breast growth in a few days on fin no matter how sensitive, it would take weeks, but if RU is going to be just as effective but give you better peace of mind, it might be worth trying.

Well mpbtreatments isn't really known as a legit supplier. You probably had shit RU to start with or not freshly mixed or something.

@OP I think you are way to young to use RU to be honest. If you were older I would say switch and try RU but definitely don't go combining both if you are already prone to side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    That's correct. I kept it at room temperature and noticed a two month supply would lose effectiveness sometime during the second half of the bottle. The original patent for KB claims it increases the stability of RU in KB to last months. I heard claims of up to 6 months thrown around.

Whether my supplier, which was mpbtreatments, was actually using true KB solution I don't know but given the RU seemed to be genuine I don't see why they'd skimp on the KB.

By the time the next bottle arrived, my scalp was as oily as if I wasn't using RU at all. Then I'd start the new bottle and bam, next day scalp oil was down by about half. Within 3 days I was waking up with a dry scalp which never happens, even on fin.

Then after maybe 4 weeks it would slowly start getting oilier again until by the end it was back to baseline.

This is my gauge for RU's effectiveness. It's not scientifically rigorous of course and I haven't had anybody else confirm or deny it, but given what we know about anti-androgens' effect on sebum production in acne it makes perfect sense. Given the cost of RU, this apparent failure to remain stable was enough to make me go back to fin even though I'm not really happy with it. I would like to start using RU (or CB) again and ditch fin altogether but I need a trusted supply of RU in the freezer. It's on my to-do list to come up with this but fin is working fine in the meantime when combined with minox, I'm retaining and have full regrowth in the crown.

Anyway, long story short - I don't recommend buying premixed RU, although again I stress my experience needs verification by others. Next time I will buy powdered RU and store it in the freezer and make it up perhaps every 2-3 weeks. This requires a fine resolution scale too to measure the RU perfectly.

As for your updated information re gyno - if what you say is truly gyno symptoms it sounds like RU is your only real choice. You can't really dilute fin much more and expect it to have an effect. I don't honestly think you would see breast growth in a few days on fin no matter how sensitive, it would take weeks, but if RU is going to be just as effective but give you better peace of mind, it might be worth trying.
    Thanks for responding. It's always useful to listen to other experiences with RU as it's an experimental treatment after all and we usually have to go by our own instincts / experience of others / our own bro-science. Regarding gyno, I too thought it wouldn't grow this quickly. But, it's not really visible yet (a bit puffier, that's all). It's mainly the weird, sensitive hard lump under my nipple that points heavily towards gyno.

I have this theory - which is complete bro-science (god I love that word) by the way - that my fin induced gyno developped this quickly because it's just a hormonal imbalance which will resolve itself when continuing finasteride use. The hormonal imbalance is also worsened by me being a teenager, as this is a pretty swingy time considering hormones fluctuate a lot. This all would mean that I should just bite the bullet and take fin for at least a month.

However, I'm scared I'll do too much 'harm' to my chest if it actually is gyno (which is pretty likely) and it won't be reversible by itself anymore or something like that. I read that gyno only becomes permanent after a year or more years of being there but still, experimenting with this is pretty scary as it could be that there's no way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    @OP I think you are way to young to use RU to be honest. If you were older I would say switch and try RU but definitely don't go combining both if you are already prone to side effects.

I'm also way too young to be balding. I don't like my options either but I don't really have a choice. Besides, a derm prescribed me fin, an AA. RU is an AA too (although applied topically ofc with different MOA) so why would I be too young for RU while a derm thought I was clearly ready for fin?

Meh, I used to not want to take fin because I would be 'messing with my body' but I'd really like to be able to take it right now (without serious sides ofc, like the 99%).