+ Reply to Thread

Default Help for hairline recession

Hi all i've read this forum a lot, it has been very helpful for keeping track on new hair restoration methods and today i finally decided to make an account.

I'm a 27 year old male and i noticed shedding on the sides 2 years ago, i guess this was an ongoing process before that. So here in my country there is a hair clinic called 101 hair clinic.

They suggested me some topicals for hair loss using natural ingredients and the pricing for one month usage is approximately 100 euros. Plus i went to few laser treatments and i haven't seen some improvement to the sides i was thinking doing this only to preserve the remaining hair.

This period i noticed my hair is falling out even more and i'm afraid that the therapy isn't working at all.

My hair problem is not that bad, but i don't want to get worse and was hoping to maintain it until CB or something else comes out in the market without using propecia.

Here are the topicals they sell:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140331_202007.jpg

Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	35959

Name:	IMG_20140331_202033.jpg

Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	35960

Name:	IMG_20140331_202105.jpg

Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	35961

They are probably feeding the hair follicles and cleaning up the scalp, but for me they aren't doing a good job.

So i was thinking about using minoxidil which is a lot cheaper but i've read that it hasn't been tested on the sides and i'm afraid it would mess up my non-affected dht hair.

So my question is what happens on non-affected dht hair when you apply minoxidil and then stop after a certain period for some reason it should still stay right? Also when i start using CB and it works as it should and then stop the minoxidil treatment will the hair gained from minoxidil stay unaffected?

Also another thing i know that when you start with minoxidil the hair will fall off and a another set of hair will grow on the same places i have had hair, but i've heard some cases where that hair that fall off didn't regrow. Is that possible?

So what are your suggestions for me at the moment?

Here is a picture of me from my right side which is my weaker set of hair.

-After bath:

Name:	IMG_20140619_203213.jpg

Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	35976

-Regular

Name:	10589307_694517780640947_903062252_o.jpg

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	35977

Thanks a lot for helping me out.

I wouldn't trust anything that doesn't have clinical data proving its efficacy in treating androgenetic hair loss anyway. Besides the cost, one is also burning time that they could spend treating their hair loss with a proven effective treatment. Finasteride has an excellent safety profile, as multiple studies have shown. But if the clinical data up to here won't convince you, then you can try Minoxidil, which has proven efficacy but is far less effective.

You are right that i could be wasting time with natural products as i am most sure i am, but at least my mind is at ease without need to think about having some nasty side affects. I was hoping to take the minoxidil route since there is lot less stuff to worry about and i was hoping some of the more experienced guys on the forum can give more info about the questions i asked about taking minoxidil.

More sides with minoxidil vs fin

ParanoiaDestroya might be new to this forum, but it sounds like he knows what he is talking about. When it comes to hair loss you want to at the very least use something that works. Two things proven to work: Finasteride and minoxidil. There are some experimentals out there, but you should use those as a last resort. Everything else is most likely garbage.

As far as minoxidil goes, it should only have an effect on DHT effected hairs, what ever hairs you gain, you will lose if you stop the minoxidil treatment. Now keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rule and some have claimed that their hair has gotten worse after starting minox. I use minoxidil and have seen some improvement, but also use finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    ParanoiaDestroya might be new to this forum, but it sounds like he knows what he is talking about. When it comes to hair loss you want to at the very least use something that works. Two things proven to work: Finasteride and minoxidil. There are some experimentals out there, but you should use those as a last resort. Everything else is most likely garbage.

As far as minoxidil goes, it should only have an effect on DHT effected hairs, what ever hairs you gain, you will lose if you stop the minoxidil treatment. Now keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rule and some have claimed that their hair has gotten worse after starting minox. I use minoxidil and have seen some improvement, but also use finasteride.
    If somehow i am one of those minoxidil exceptions and lose some of the non-dht affected hair what other options will i have.
    The only thing that makes the hair regrow is minox and i won't be able to use it to return the state of my hair before i started the treatment. That's some scary stuff to try out.

There are lot of scary sides when using finasteride i am very afraid to start using it even in smaller quantities than i should. Plus i don't think i have finasteride in my country i will have to order it from some online site and i am not sure if medicine is something you order online.

What is your experience Notcoolanymore with finasteride, what's your dosage, where do you order it and what's the amount you use?