+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default PRP hair loss treatment - reviews needed

Hi has anyone underwent PRP for their hair loss and could you share your reviews? Please help as I have consulted a dermatologist in chennai for my thinning of hair in front. She advised PRP since 90% of density has gone. Please suggest how safe and effective is PRP.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141115_091734.jpg

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	35958

Check out the PRP section in Hair Loss Treatments. I had PRP done. not sure if it helped yet. I'm only 3 weeks out

You're seriously opting for PRP over finasteride [for the ones who don't know, kumars had another thread in which he said he didn't want to start fin because it would mess his hormones up]? WTF? Not saying PRP doesn't work but really dude, it's not a first line treatment. Don't spend a lot of money on it right away. Just start finasteride.

Why are you so stubborn?

If your worried about the sides of fin. %1 of people get noticable sides.

If your still worried take a micro dose, its almost as effective. .1 -.25 mg

If your still worried try it out for a few weeks and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    You're seriously opting for PRP over finasteride [for the ones who don't know, kumars had another thread in which he said he didn't want to start fin because it would mess his hormones up]? WTF? Not saying PRP doesn't work but really dude, it's not a first line treatment. Don't spend a lot of money on it right away. Just start finasteride.

Why are you so stubborn?
    Likely because the propagandists have been effective. Very effective. Those in the know are about as rare as Jedi after the execution of Order 66.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post

Why are you so stubborn?
    It's because the side effects of fin. Have you ever tried it ? Didn't yiubget any side effects !?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kumars View Post
    It's because the side effects of fin. Have you ever tried it ? Didn't yiubget any side effects !?
    There are a lot of things to consider. Here is an article every man should read before getting on finasteride: Johns-Hopkins article.
    PRP is far safer but probably not quite as effective as finasteride at this time. Once the optimal PRP formula is determined and there is consistency to the variety of PRP treatments available, its effectiveness could/might surpass finasteride and dutasteride. I personally believe that DHT in men, genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness causes several issues having a negative impact on healthy hair growth. Among the negative issues is the impaired signaling for the production of blood platelet derived growth factors. Valerie Horsley in her somewhat recent Yale hair growth study found that a reduced adipose layer in balding scalp contributes to weaker signaling for the production of PDGF. It's believed that at least one of the reasons low level laser light therapy is effective, relates to it's effect of improving cell signalling.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiaDestroya View Post
    Likely because the propagandists have been effective. Very effective. Those in the know are about as rare as Jedi after the execution of Order 66.
    This. Many people are not even giving themselves a chance because of the nonsense they read online. The sad part is that most of the crap you read online is coming from guys that never took the drug themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kumars View Post
    I have been on it for a little more than 16 months now. No sides to report except more hair. The reality of the situation is that your hair is in pretty bad shape, you really don't have time to waste. I am not saying you need to take fin. If you don't want to take fin, then it's your choice. But without taking the most effective weapon that we have to combat hair loss you need to accept the fact that you will go bald. Hopefully going slick outweighed the slim chance you had of getting sides.

Fin is also is good for your prostate, makes it so its not so big and loose aka hard to pee, and reduces prostate cancer.

My dad almost died from Rogaine aka Monoxidil, he has permanent heart problems.

There is nothing good from Minoxidil, at least propecia is good for you. Minox is just nasty chemicals.