+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What did you tell people/will you tell people post-op?

Like the topic states; who did you let in on your secret? More importantly, what did you tell the people you didn't want to know regarding the redness on your scalp?

I didn't tell to many. As far as the redness it never came up. I started wearing a hat 2 months before on and off and started buzzing my hair so it wouldn't stick out shaven. I go through security for work so no hat walking threw. I was 12 days post op going back to work. Definitely red but no one asked. Except this old bag lady I work with asked why I shaved my head. The bag actually came to my cube and removed my hat. I told her that's what you do when your going bald. Anyway you'll have these types of people. Don't act embarrassed or offended. You have to own it. Out with friends 3 weeks post op some lady friends that I haven't seen in months where like aww did someone shave their head. Lets see it. I told them no because you'll make fun of me. Now I'm almost 9 months post op and I'm running into people I haven't seen in months. So far I got 5 comments asking what I've done to my hair. Kind of paranoid that it looks fake. I tell them I'm taking meds for my hair. My GF thinks it's weird that I just went fire PRP shots. I told her it's so my hair doesn't fall out. She yeah bald people look weird. Thanks a lot! Anyway no clear answer just have a few one liners and maybe start buzzing your hair 2-3 months before

I told anyone that asked. It disarmed them and made things a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Anyway no clear answer just have a few one liners and maybe start buzzing your hair 2-3 months before
    I wish I could but I was told not to, as the doctor would want to see me with some length to better assess my situation, hair characteristics etc... So I'll be showing up at work with a buzzed head that people will want to see. And a red scalp..
    I don't get it how someone can be completely open about these kind of things. They must be working/living in very tolerating environments. There is no limit to the angles of piss-taking possible from something like this. And it would get old fast with me..

Unhappy

well some assume i am losing hair after my transplant and need a transplant even though they have no knowledge of my procedures. some folks detected that I may have had a transplant. Nothing positive yet in person yet really.

i told my family, but they couldnt tell if it did anything positive yet. I told one of my friends, and they said are you going for another procedure or is this it, because may may need some work.

the redness lasts a while, i told them that was sun burn or allergic reactions to meds, etc.

I think every case is different and it really depending on how noticeable things are when you go back to work. If you are just a bit red, it is easy to say you have gotten too much sun, but unless you can wear a hat to work, you need to realistic and understand that depending on how you look, people may know you something whether you like it or not, so at that point you may just want to come clean.

I recently had a HT with FUT and went back to work after 10 days. I did not know what I would look like and decided that I would cross that bridge when it came and I would even tell people about the HT if push came to shove, since I had decided to take the plunge and was not turning back. I was lucky and was just a bit red when I went back and I have not told anyone at work and I don't think anyone has noticed. At least I have not seen anyone pay any extra attention to my head.

Inactive

Aside from the handful of close friends I told, my story went a little something like this:

I wore a hat to work for the first month or so, until the redness started going down in the recipient area (enough to look like nothing more than a sunburn anyway). I got the hat approved by management (hats generally aren't allowed) and told them I had had a small, tiny, non-threatening cyst removed from my scalp and ended up having an allergic reaction to the anesthesia. My scalp got red and swollen and I wasn't able to take my hat off for risk of infection. Not to mention, since it wasn't viewed as an "optional" surgery, no one really pushed for too much information.... Except for one coworker who actually has a small cyst on his scalp he needs removed and wanted to know alllll about my procedure... Who did it, how much it costs, etc. Fortunately, I think quick on my feet. 8)

In all honesty, now that I'm several months out and am starting to see results, I've found myself telling more and more people about the HT. I'm just so happy with the results and how it's been helping me (even at these early stages) that I find myself wanting to tell anyone and everyone I see. But at the time, I didn't want to deal with the added stress of letting too many people in on my secret surgery - and if you don't wanna tell them, then you really don't have to. It's none of their business, anyway.

Nothing because no one has ever been able to tell I had something done.

I had FUE and fortunately absolutely no redness left after 10 days.

I just had to tell the girls I was dating at the time because I would disappear for 2 weeks.

My family and friends also knew of course. Here's the topic about my FUE:

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showth...d-NW5-from-DPA

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfarva View Post
    Like the topic states; who did you let in on your secret? More importantly, what did you tell the people you didn't want to know regarding the redness on your scalp?
    There are some suggestion by best hair transplant in india.

You should reduce your daily physical activities like jumping extra running.
    Avoid alochol for 3-4 days after the surgery.
    Don't think about hair cut or dying for 4-5 months.
    Wash your scalp very gently.
    Grafts will be permanent after 10 days so you can start normal shampooing your hair.
    You will be given an antibiotic cream after your surgery. Please start applying this cream to your scar from the morning after surgery or as prescribed by doctor.
    Last edited by jimcooper; 12-12-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: add new

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfarva View Post
    I went to job on day 16 post OP with some redness on both donor and recipient area. Nobody asked a word. I told to two my female assistants what I did and they said they thought I had some skin illness.