+ Reply to Thread

Default Should I accept my image as being bald even though it was forced upon me?

I started shaving my head like 6 months ago.

I have a problem. When you have to create a character or avatar, most likely you create it as a vision of yourself.

I had this problem when I bought the Sims 4. I was playing it with my roommates and I felt pressured that I had to make myself bald.

Now i'm getting into WOW with an online friend and I've mentioned in the past I "shave" my head and even showed her a picture of myself with a no guard hair clipper "shave". She has told me my hairline looks fine (even though it isnt and she wouldnt be able to really tell from a front photo. She says "just grow your hair out". Yeah maybe 10 months ago I could have grown my hair out but now it looks as if the hair follicles are dying and thinning out so I have no choice but to shave my head with a razor.

It even seems as if she's creating herself as a character, she was complaining that there was no light blonde option.

u know this is really making me sick, the first time I ever told her I might be losing my hair she said "dude.. youre only 22".

Ha this is so ****ING BULLSHIT.

Man, I can totally understand where you're coming from since I myslef started shaving my head at 22. It's not an easy choice to make nor is it an easy thing to accept about yourself. Especially as you say since it was forced upon us. I can't say how exactly you'll deal with it or how quickly you'll come to terms with it, but I can tell you that as time goes on it does get easier and you'll get used to it. I'm 23 now and have been shaving for a year. It gets frustrating sometimes because yes I would love to have my hair back that I had when I was 16, but as the days pass I realize that's not really an option at this point. While I don't think I've completly accepted it, I do think I'm coming around to it. Every time I get down on myself about shaving or being "the bald guy", I tell myself that I much prefer to be shaved than the thinning look I wore for a couple years. I can honestly say that it's not easy at first, but it gets easier. I'm liking the look more and more and my gf says she prefers me bald than when I had hair... (Strange to hear on this site I know, but it's the truth lol). Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to say keep your head held high, you're still a young man with a lot of life to live and I'm sure a lot to offer the world. Chase your dreams, accomplish your goals and don't let this get the best of you. It DOES get better.

what color hair do you have? What norwood are you?

Vow, what an idiot girl. Its not like hair is growing on trees, and we can get as many of them as we want. She must know how difficult is to keep hair in the presence of testosterone, LOL!

Bald men have lower testosterone levels than guys with full heads of hair. What's your point baldozer?

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Bald men have lower testosterone levels than guys with full heads of hair. What's your point baldozer?
    Well, that is debatable. But that wasn't my point anyway. I was just saying that bald men get bald due to testosterone. If you castrated them, they wouldn't have gone bald in the first place.

thanks for the replies. I'm just so sick of being bald. I go to the future/cures thread almost every day/second day and get so sick of seeing no good news, so I just made this thread out of frustration.

I don't think it's really her fault for saying that. I didn't even know I had a receded hairline when I had a receded hairline. I didn't really know anything about MPB at all. I don't think I even questioned why bald guys are bald.

My hairline is at NW2.5. My left hairline is receded but its not that ugly. The right side of my hairline is more receded and looks ****ING UGLY.

My hair started thinning at the same time I started massaging oil into my hair (about 1 year ago). Do you guys think by any chance I hurt the hair follicles? I have a twin brother, his hairline is also receded (nw2.5) but his hair isn't thinning like mine is.

I've been depressed for the past 5 years, do you think that increased my MPB? We also have a little brother and he ended up losing his hair before both of us (thinning).

and I remember he was getting a haircut from my mom and I said "why is his hair so thin"

I guess I'm getting what I deserve for saying that.

btw, I never take photos or videos of myself.

This is was only made last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJ2d3dOdSk

(watch only the first 5 or 10 seconds, I'm the guy on the left)

I can't even grow my hair out like that anymore. It's thinned and to me It looks as if a small tiny bald patch is forming near the front of my head.

like that's not even me in the video anymore, I dont even look like that guy anymore lmfao.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    btw, I never take photos or videos of myself.

This is was only made last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJ2d3dOdSk
    (watch only the first 5 or 10 seconds, I'm the guy on the left) I can't even grow my hair out like that anymore. It's thinned and to me It looks as if a small tiny bald patch is forming near the front of my head. like that's not even me in the video anymore, I dont even look like that guy anymore lmfao.
    Along side a cure, I hope there could be a way to make men less obsessive about their hair. I have a Norwood 6 friend who honestly doesn't care at all about his hair loss. He has plenty of girlfriends and seems happy with his life. I watched the entire video you posted and on another subject, I thought the video was well done. Sexy girl.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

If hair loss was cured no one would have to obsess over it anymore. Do women care about wrinkles or acne or looking prematurely older? Of course they do and its the same exact thing with MPB its human nature. Its a normal reaction as opposed to an abnormal one to care about your appearance and watching yourself age in an obvious way when many other men are not. I could point out bald men that have girls, money or whatever but its doesnt change the reality of the situation that I still like my hair and how it defines who I am to an extent