22 year old male experiencing hairline recession [PICTURES]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Almost935
    • Nov 2014

Bump on finasteride intake for hair like mine assuming I insist on taking it.

Comment

• Artista
      • Apr 2010

HELLO Almost935 !

First of all, your head of hair looks GOOD. (wish my hair looked that good)
      It could very well be that , at your age now,you are may only be experiencing a NATURAL maturing of your hairline.

That being said, do NOT focus so much attention on it. It may not proceed into a hair loss situation....
      I am quite sure that NO ONE else around you notices ANY type of change to your hair.
      Now if you really do begin to use Finasteride ,you should only use a 1mg tablet per day BUT based on your photos you probably do not NEED that medication.
      Id suggest that you use a topical treatment instead,, maybe like Minoxidil - Rogaine.
      Do not allow your emotions to take over your own views of yourself, my friend.
      Be strong.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

Recession in Twenties - Great Hair at Sixty

We had a 60 year old man come in today for a hair transplant consultation. He had so much hair for his age I thought it was a hair piece. No thinning on top or bald spot in the back. Before taking his photos, I pulled his hair back in the front and he had some relatively minor recession but it really wasn't bad at all for his age. He told me his hair loss (recession) began in his early twenties. Hair loss of course can be very subjective. I post this as a reminder, that a guy can begin some recession early on and not end up bald.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
        The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
          Doctor Representative
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Almost935
          My father has kept a norwood 1 hairline all his life on the right side but the left a little bit more receded. Around the age of 50 that left side moved back a little more but has stopped since then. I've been very interested in the fact that both my father and I have a receded left temple. My maternal grandfather had a Norwood 2 all his life until the age of 35-40 when it receded deeply and now at 81 he has some hair on his head but it's very deeply receded.
          Your hair reminds me of our 21 year old employee's hair here at Dr. Cole's. He normally wears his hair forward and appears to have a solid head of hair (see photos). Of course things can change. In your case where there's no hair loss in your immediate family, I doubt you have anything to stress over. I asked my co-worker if he has any concerns about hair loss and he smiled and said no.

Click image for larger version

Name:	top.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	439241Click image for larger version

Name:	rt-side.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	439242Click image for larger version

Name:	lt-side-down.jpg
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	439243Click image for larger version

Name:	lt-side.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	439244

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
          The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
          Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• Illusion
            • Jul 2014

You keep going on about your temples getting worse... Maybe it would be useful to make a close-up picture of both your temples with a good quality camera. I think we're able to help you out a lot better regarding miniaturisation in your temples than we are with the pics you posted originally.

Also, listen to what Chuck (35YrsAfter) says. If there's anyone on this forum that knows a lot about hair lines, norwoods, recession, etc. it's him.

Comment

• goldnt
              • Jan 2014

Wish i had your hair :/

Comment

Working...