+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

At the end of the day you need to decide what you fear most, going bald or the slight chance of sides. I know the internet makes it seem like most get sides, but that is just not the case, but at the end of the day the choice has to be yours. You might be one of those unlucky guys. Just remember that time is not on your side.

take a micro dose of FIn, nothing bad will happen. its probably the cheapest and easiest way to try to fix hairloss.

Personally, I am so unconcerned with side effects that I would even take dutasteride with no hesitation if after one year I seem to have lost ground on finasteride. Every drug has side effects. I got serious erectile dysfunction from Zoloft. All of the various psychiatric medications have far worse potential side effects than finasteride. Finasteride has, and I quote, "an excellent safety profile." It all comes back to the clinical data. Solid studies are all I will consider, and it makes me so sad to see all of the fear mongering actually working, stopping so many guys from going on finasteride and seeing benefits.

Yes good point paranoia. Moreover, the lifetime sexual dysfunction thing I believe is a myth. Have these people lived their whole lives already? Wow, that is pretty cool! The lived their whole lives AND they are STILL alive! Cool!

The clinical evidence suggests it is a myth; it has never been proven by good clinical studies.

Again, we are making choices all the time. You are making choices with regards to taking propecia or not. When we make choices, we should use information in order to make choices.

You have good information (based on large scale clinical studies) and then you have less good information (based on just stuff written on the internet).

You pick.

If you do not use propecia, then you will likely go bald over time. You could use minoxidil; that might work for you. But if you use neither, you will go bald over time. You have to accept this.

And heck, that is fine. Lots of people are bald and live their lives just fine. Many people look good bald. Most people look ok I guess. I've never seen a guy who I say oh my gosh he looks repulsive he is bald! It just doesn't go that way. Most people look ok i'd say.

But it is that bald look. If you are cool with it then fine.

Lots of great points there, macster. I don't know, I guess I just don't worry about this ED thing. Zoloft gave me wicked ED, but when I went off of it I came roaring back. And obviously I care about my dick! I just took it for granted that it would resolve, because it usually does with the various medications that can cause it. So further study of course makes sense, but at this point there's no cause for alarm on the scale that it's happening. Total hysterics.

Yeah go ahead just take it! What's an erection compared to a few more strands of hair?? You can just jerk off your limp forelock instead!

One of the interesting effects I've noticed about propecia is that it protects users from hypochondria, a serious mental illness that should be diagnosed and treated by medical professionals.

It basically immunizes you against hypochondria. You literally cannot have it if you take propecia. So you can rest assured that any side effects you experience are 100% real, and cannot be a psychological result of browsing the web at 2am and freaking yourself out about stuff you read on the web.

There is 0% risk of this.

it also is good for your prostate, makes it so its not do big and loose aka hard to pee, and reduces prostate cancer.

My dad almost died from Rogaine aka Monoxidil, he has permanent heart problems.

There is nothing good from Minoxidil, at least propecia is good for you. Minox is just nasty chemicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfarva View Post
    Yeah go ahead just take it! What's an erection compared to a few more strands of hair?? You can just jerk off your limp forelock instead!
    Was waiting for a post like this. I am surprised it took so long.

Have yet to see anyone with permanent sides from FIN once they stopped taking it, and personally along with many people that i've seen on here, I havent had any major or noticable sides from the drug(it wasnt even strong enough from me!)

Take the drug, if you get minor sides, wait them out, if you get anything major(erectile dysfunction) just get off it and youll be fine.