+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is my hair line receding or am I just imagining it

To start off i'm in general a very paranoid person. I put stress on myself alot. and I turned 27 in July.

I have some pictures from march, to now, some wet hair but most dry.
    This has been bothering me all year, i look at it several times a day and have spent hours researching products-which has also left me terrified but ill get into that later.

ill start with family history: The men on my Mothers side keep and die with their hair. My uncle (moms side) is in his mid 60's and has a full head. Her father died at 90 and still had alot more then other men that age.
    My dad, however lost his hair, he still has it on the side and back mostly. And i dont have any brothers to look at as a reference. Now i dont know if it matters but for example my dad has chest hair and I don't. I don't think my uncle (moms side) does ether. Physically i think i take more from her side (i have long fingers like her, im taller then my dad [her brother is tall])

any way here are pictures (got a new phone in the summer so the quality jumps) Also note i have always had longer hair (3-4in+) that covered my hair line. so i never really noticed a difference besides maybe my bangs not being as thick?
    only 2013 pic i could find that showed hair line

April 2014

MAY

Today 11/10/14 (if these are huge im sorry, its with the better camera)

Wet hair

Wet

dry (this one scares me)

dry (i almost think this looks better then April)

my hair not pulling it back

Now, i have never noticed hair on my pillow (ive been looking recently), never noticed hair around my drain. some times i will see a few hairs on my work desk or on my sink but no more then 5 ish. Today i was shaking my hands through my hair over my desk to see what would fall out and got almost nothing

I have been looking up treatments and the shedding phase of rogaine that i read about and how long it can last and how bad it can be, sounds pretty scary. I really dont want to go through a shedding phase that is going to destroy my self esteem even more which is already very low.

the side effects of Propecia (finasteride) sound even more terrifying.

I have been reading about Reganpure dr to lower DHT. Was going to order it tonight but im holding off. i think maybe im losing it very slowly, so maybe i dont need much.

Or i'm making this all up in my head and cause unneeded stress, which in turn my be causing a problem. i also have started taking 1aday multi vitamin. i started taking them maybe around june but i missed alot of days. just recently really stuck to it.

I know i should just go to a doctor, hard to find one in my area. Also I'm scared they will try to sell me a treatment i maybe dont need.

Also-i guess i should note i have been having alot of ichy skull the bast few months, well its been off and on longer then that, more then a year.And Dandruff. I used head and shoulders for a long time but that stopped working as much. maybe its all related i dont know. Thats why i was thinking about the reganpure dr-two birds with one stone maybe

Its possible there is some hair loss there but the key is what did it look like before? If its always been like that than maybe its nothing. My opinion is if it bothers you or think your losing hair than see a derm or doctor and get their thoughts. Doctors generally arent going to give you bad advice even if its something like wait and think about it. Sometimes waiting is the right answer or looking at other possibilities
    Actually to me it does look like there is some hair loss there but its early on so you can probably get most of it back. See a doc though

Well like i said my hair line has always been covered, so its hard to look at old pics. And that 2013 picture is bed hair. i could go to the family doctor he hasent seen me since maybe 18. And i have called derms but they always want a reference first. If you're paying them i dont know why you just cant call and make a appointment.

It seems the more research i do the more worked up i get.

It looks like your hair is starting to thin out a bit, based on the second to last picture. In that picture your hair looks kinda weak-ish

the picture im not pulling it back? The very last is with it all kind of pushed forward the 2nd to last is how i usually have it, bangs kinda pushed to the side.

It is receding.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomdude12 View Post
    Talking about this one. You see this more often with people who are balding: they have hair that is thin and just a bit straw-like / dead. Sorry for the harsh comparison and obv you're not yet that far, but it is thinning already.

Alright, what do I do next

Ya man you are toast unless you get on finasteride.

Do your due diligence and make an informed decision about it.

Their are benefits and risks. It is always a personal decision.