+ Reply to Thread

Default Results in Real-Time: Dr. Steven Gabel patient, 3439 Grafts, Frontal Hairline

I am presenting this patient who had surgery on September 3, 2014, and will display her results every month on this thread to document the progression of growth in hair restoration surgery. This patient had 3439 grafts placed in the frontal hairline and temples to augment and bring down her hairline.

She has graciously volunteered to return each month to my office for the next year so we will be able to present her photographs in real-time. I feel this is instructive for patients inquiring about the progression of hair restoration surgery and how they may look each month.

Here are the 10 day suture removal photos. I tried to attach these to the original post, but I was not able to edit the original post.

As seen, the hairs are all growing which indicates to me that the transplanted hairs are all viable. When patients come back for the suture/staple removal at 10 days, I point this out to them because in a short time, over the next 3 weeks, most of the transplanted hairs will fall out. Some patients become concerned about the hairs falling out so I refer them to these photos that show all the transplanted hairs growing. Also at this time, there is a small amount of exudate or crusting that should be almost gone. All patients will develop some type of exudate and it is important that they follow their physician's postoperative instructions for proper care in the postoperative period.