+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    This is an email i received from restoregenex. Unfortunately it doesn't sound too good for CB. It doesn't sound like the product pipeline is too hot for AGA (big surprise), but maybe that will change It really sucks that they do acne trials first, but maybe there's some way for kane to get a hold of restoregenex's patent and you guys can give that a shot. it seems like it will be very safe and more effective than CB. if i were going to drop a lot of money I would go with that route rather than CB, and if there is a demand then I'm sure kane would stet producing this stuff.

"What I know about Cosmo is that they licensed that compound to a company called Intrepid Pharmaceuticals. I believe Valeant acquired those assets. Valeant is known to hold onto assets and not develop them so I don't know what the development status of that compound is. I do know they claim it's an anti androgen but the reality is that it's a glucocorticoid with some anti-androgen activity. It is also not designed, as ours is, to avoid systemic exposure. Following successful acne Phase I/IIa trials in a few years we will utilize the same safety data and may explore alopecia as another market. Hard to put a timeline on it.

Best,

Yael

Yael Schwartz, Ph.D.
    President"
    Can you ask them why are they pursuing acne before MPB?

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Can you ask them why are they pursuing acne before MPB?
    sdsurfin already adressed this in another thread. Here you go:

This company is also developing a topical anti-androgen (they used to be called Hygeia), and is also doing acne trials first. they will initiate phase 1-2 in 2016, so we're looking at some time before anything comes of it. but for young guys, this is another option in the works for the next decade. Sounds better than CB and also side effect free theoretically. I asked them why they do acne trials first and here is the answer:

Good question. While there appears to be a lot of acne medications, there really hasn't been anything new in a very long time. Mostly reformulations of older drugs.
    There are no topical anti androgens on the market for acne and we would be the first. Proof of concept in acne for an anti-androgen opens up the market for other topical anti-androgens. The clinical trials for acne are quicker, and, thus, less expensive, because you'll see regression of an acne lesion in less than 4 weeks. On the contrary, clinical trials for alopecia take significantly longer because of the long growth cycle of hair. So, you can see the decision to see if we have a good anti-androgen signal in the pilosebaceous unit by going after the acne indication first, is an economic one.
    I hope this answers your question.

Best,
    Yael

Yael Schwartz, Ph.D.

(https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=18077)

Good, that's what I thought, thanks for the update. Good to know the reason and not a conspiracy against balders.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Why are they (Intrepid) doing a clinical trial then?
    Maybe Dr. Schwartz has companies confused. Medicis Pharmaceutical had the license and was acquired by Valeant Pharmaceuticals. His assessment of Valeant is accurate. Intrepid Therapeutics agreed to perform the Phase II trials in the US for CB-03-01.

In other words, Cosmo is paying Intreprid to conduct the trials, but Medicis/Valeant was paying Cosmo to license the drug. Intreprid was not acquired to my knowledge.

http://intrepidthera.com/press/

Agree 100% fin and dut are king! Cb must be used 2x a day , 5% strength . Btw cosmo is using a gel! Cosmo coould release cb to the Asian market fast ! Europe will take a few years and tbe usa forever !

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    Agree 100% fin and dut are king! Cb must be used 2x a day , 5% strength . Btw cosmo is using a gel! Cosmo coould release cb to the Asian market fast ! Europe will take a few years and tbe usa forever !
    You guess how fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    You guess how fast?
    for asian market it could be ayear, i cant wait for the results in the trials !

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    for asian market it could be ayear, i cant wait for the results in the trials !
    Are you sure? I'm not too familiar with the laws, but all I remember hearing about is that stem cell stuff only needs phase 2 complete. I don't think this would apply for that.

I would certainly consider buying CB from europe or japan if it got approved their first and was proven safe and effective. Much better than wasting years for the US to finish it. I am not though keen on buying it from a random place in china right now when its completely unknown and no regulatory body to regulate its manufacturing. Getting the chemical properly made from a reliable place is almost impossible until its legally approved and being mass produced.
    No amount of dude I bought a batch and it tested cool is going to do it for me even if you noticed less shedding the last week. I can guess and tell stories but it doesnt mean much

Cb could be great we must wait for resulys . 6 months we will know more . I think in Europe/China it could reach the market after the second phase trial , usa is a different story fda required phase 111 . So it will be a whe for the usa