+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: restoregenex

Default restoregenex

This company is also developing a topical anti-androgen (they used to be called Hygeia), and is also doing acne trials first. they will initiate phase 1-2 in 2016, so we're looking at some time before anything comes of it. but for young guys, this is another option in the works for the next decade. Sounds better than CB and also side effect free theoretically. I asked them why they do acne trials first and here is the answer:

Good question. While there appears to be a lot of acne medications, there really hasn't been anything new in a very long time. Mostly reformulations of older drugs.
    There are no topical anti androgens on the market for acne and we would be the first. Proof of concept in acne for an anti-androgen opens up the market for other topical anti-androgens. The clinical trials for acne are quicker, and, thus, less expensive, because you'll see regression of an acne lesion in less than 4 weeks. On the contrary, clinical trials for alopecia take significantly longer because of the long growth cycle of hair. So, you can see the decision to see if we have a good anti-androgen signal in the pilosebaceous unit by going after the acne indication first, is an economic one.
    I hope this answers your question.

Best,
    Yael

Yael Schwartz, Ph.D.

Sadly it sounds reasonable

not even castration regrows much hair. What is the point of having more than one or two strong topical antiandrogens for aga?

We already have RU and hopefully cb sooner than RES440

If you want to halt the aga process use ru with dut. That will stop androgens more than enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Sadly it sound reasonable

But not even castration regrows much hair. What is the point of having more than one or two topical antiandrogens for aga?

If you want to halt the aga process use ru with dut. That will stop androgens more than enough
    finasteride and dut are garbage, they kill my brain and body. I've tried them and the side effects are real and obvious. RU is not meant to be side effect free nor can i buy it at a fair price, and CB has not proven to be very effective. hopefully CB will be decent if used at the right concentration when it comes to market, and maybe restoregenex's product will be even better down the line. I have a bad feeling that CB won't make it to market though, or that it will have sides at the 5% concentration. who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    not even castration regrows much hair. What is the point of having more than one or two strong topical antiandrogens for aga?

* Castration does not grow much hair because even after a man is castrated he still produces some androgens.

* You also ask what is the point of having another androgen on the market now that RU can be purchased and CB is coming and the answer is elementary: RU is illegal and CB may or may not be as good as RES440 plus CB may have more side effects. It's best to have as many coming to market as possible so you can pick one that works best with least side effects.

sdsurfin,

very good to know about this new A.A. Thanks for posting their answer.

Regarding fin and dut, do you think that you can get rid of side effects when you quit them? Or the damage is permanent?

I have been using fin for 15 Years and only now i feel that it may be increasing my depression.

I will quit it very slowly in the next months. BTW, how are you fighting AGA without fin?

I'm not fighting AGA at all, I'm not too far advanced, but steadily and slowly thinning. I tried rogaine but it gives me horrible dark circles under my eyes, and fin gave me all kinds of problems, most notably really sore testicles (clearly not psychosomatic) and small constant headaches, reduced ejaculate, low energy, brain fog, low libido. I didn't stay on it long enough to see if they would subside, and drugs generally give me strong side effects, but all of these went away rapidly after i stopped taking it. I'm probably more sensitive than most, but have no doubt that it's a drug that hurts the body in serious ways. I wouldn't worry too much about yourself, just wean off of it slowly and enlist a doctor to monitor your body. You're lucky if you were able to tolerate it for so long. I think it's quite rare for side effects to persist, the body is very good at healing itself in most cases, and if you avoid over stressing you should be fine.

Also I ordered some Adenogen from japan but it hasn't come yet and for all I know there are shipping issues. If anyone on here is japanese, maybe you could send me some and I'll pay you? I really would love a rogaine alternative to hold me over for now, and according to trials they are very comparable, but have different mechanisms of action. Shiseido makes it.

Thank you for the encouraging answer. I hope i can quit and do not develop the post finasteride syndrome.

Maybe i try the CB if positive feedbacks start to appear at the 5% concentration.

Thanks again!

Right now we have nothing. We have RU? Who approved it and what government regulated place manufacturers it? We have nothing right now. People see a few studies on some chemical that got the axe then some random web site in china pops up to sell it and people talk about it like its some new proven AA. What it did on some animal doesnt prove much of anything who knows what that does to you. I wouldnt use any chemical long term that was never approved or fully studied by anyone topical or not.