+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default what pattern of hair loss do I have..plsssss help

Hi I'm 26 Indian and I have severe density loss. Please refer the attached pic. I am really stressed and would this stress cause too much hair loss ?? Im taking biotin 800 mcg past 2 months . really getting obsessive about hair..please help me what's the best way yo restore my hair.. Can't I do HT, some said if I do FUE I will lose further more. Please help whether minoxidil ll help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141109_132925.jpg

Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	35851  

Quote Originally Posted by kumars View Post
    Hi I'm 26 Indian and I have severe density loss. Please refer the attached pic. I am really stressed and would this stress cause too much hair loss ?? Im taking biotin 800 mcg past 2 months . really getting obsessive about hair..please help me what's the best way yo restore my hair.. Can't I do HT, some said if I do FUE I will lose further more. Please help whether minoxidil ll help
    What pattern of hair lose you got? It seems like you already know, you are thinning all over the top.

What can you do? If you are talking about Drugs minoxidil can work, but you will have to be on it for the rest of your life, two times a day. and it might lose effectiveness after a while and it will be way worse.

Hair transplant is an option.

Other than that, hair system. But in the end a hair transplant is cheaper, plus you don't have to constantly work on it.

I'd really suggest HT if anything. FUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenblastoise View Post
    What pattern of hair lose you got? It seems like you already know, you are thinning all over the top.

What can you do? If you are talking about Drugs minoxidil can work, but you will have to be on it for the rest of your life, two times a day. and it might lose effectiveness after a while and it will be way worse.

Hair transplant is an option.

Other than that, hair system. But in the end a hair transplant is cheaper, plus you don't have to constantly work on it.

I'd really suggest HT if anything. FUE.
    Hi.thanks for the response. I heard hair transplant for diffuse thinning like mine would further damage my existing hair. Is that true??

Don't get a HT. Seriously. It would be such a dumb thing to do. That's because you most likely have NOT reached the end stage of your balding. You know what happens when you get a HT when you're not finished balding and don't take any meds to keep your hair afterwards? Yep, it continues to fall out and will look really shitty after a while.

Seriously though, start taking finasteride. By the way, you should always first combat hair loss with meds, look how effective they are and then start to think about a HT

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Don't get a HT. Seriously. It would be such a dumb thing to do. That's because you most likely have NOT reached the end stage of your balding. You know what happens when you get a HT when you're not finished balding and don't take any meds to keep your hair afterwards? Yep, it continues to fall out and will look really shitty after a while.

Seriously though, start taking finasteride. By the way, you should always first combat hair loss with meds, look how effective they are and then start to think about a HT
    Thank you so much for your advise, having finasteride will not impact my sexual drive and make me impotent right ?? Please help. Also will further stressing impact my density ?

There are a lot of scary stories about finasteride on the internet. Some people indeed have serious, sometimes very long-lasting side effects of finasteride, such as decrease of sexual drive (libido), erection problems, gynecomastia, brain fog... However, the people who get strong side effects are in the far minority and the people who have long-lasting side effects are pretty rare.

When you go on finasteride, you'll most likely experience a certain degree of side effects but it's usually very tolerable. If you start taking fin and get bad side effects which don't go away after a few weeks (sometimes your body has to adjust to side effects, hence they might appear in the beginning and disappear after a couple of weeks), you can always decide to quit the drug. The side effects will almost definitely be gone after a few weeks to a month, in a few cases it might take a bit longer.

Don't get this wrong: finasteride isn't candy. I get Trenblastoise's point: I'd rather don't take fin either because you are inhibiting a pretty important hormone and you are disrupting your hormonal balance. However, like I said, if you get side effects, they are usually very well tolerable and fin does a pretty good job at keeping your hair.

Regarding stress impacting your density, it could but it's very unlikely. You're probably talking about telogen effluvium (google it if you don't know what it is). However, telogen effluvium (and thus hair loss) is rarely caused by just stressing yourself out. It's usually caused by traumatic events to your body, such as surgery or caused by big hormonal changes/fluctuations (being pregnant for example). But stressing can be very bad for your overal well-being though, so try not to stress that much

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    There are a lot of scary stories about finasteride on the internet. Some people indeed have serious, sometimes very long-lasting side effects of finasteride, such as decrease of sexual drive (libido), erection problems, gynecomastia, brain fog... However, the people who get strong side effects are in the far minority and the people who have long-lasting side effects are pretty rare.

When you go on finasteride, you'll most likely experience a certain degree of side effects but it's usually very tolerable. If you start taking fin and get bad side effects which don't go away after a few weeks (sometimes your body has to adjust to side effects, hence they might appear in the beginning and disappear after a couple of weeks), you can always decide to quit the drug. The side effects will almost definitely be gone after a few weeks to a month, in a few cases it might take a bit longer.

Don't get this wrong: finasteride isn't candy. I get Trenblastoise's point: I'd rather don't take fin either because you are inhibiting a pretty important hormone and you are disrupting your hormonal balance. However, like I said, if you get side effects, they are usually very well tolerable and fin does a pretty good job at keeping your hair.

Regarding stress impacting your density, it could but it's very unlikely. You're probably talking about telogen effluvium (google it if you don't know what it is). However, telogen effluvium (and thus hair loss) is rarely caused by just stressing yourself out. It's usually caused by traumatic events to your body, such as surgery or caused by big hormonal changes/fluctuations (being pregnant for example). But stressing can be very bad for your overal well-being though, so try not to stress that much
    Thanks to you so much. It gives me confidence. So how can I go with growing back my hairs?? Since HT and Fin I'm not going through. Rubbing onions will help ?? I'm taking biotin as such. Let me continue biotin for next 4 months

So how can I go with growing back my hairs?? Since HT and Fin I'm not going through.
    You can't with out an effective treatment. Your hair loss appears pretty aggressive for a 26yo. If you are dead set against taking fin then prepare yourself and accept the fact that you will go bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    You can't with out an effective treatment. Your hair loss appears pretty aggressive for a 26yo. If you are dead set against taking fin then prepare yourself and accept the fact that you will go bald.
    Hmmm..the thing that is worrying me is even i couldn't do HT for my case as doing HT will furthermore makes my existing hairs fall out. I am in a bad case. I am going to follow the link http://www.astrogle.com/ayurveda/reg...ald-heads.html. Ayurveda is indian magic. let me try this if this works for especially cases like mine

I am going to follow the link http://www.astrogle.com/ayurveda/reg...ald-heads.html. Ayurveda is indian magic. let me try this if this works for especially cases like mine
    Why not send me cash and I will tell you the secret to re growing hair