Threaded View

Default Crusts / scabs falling out look like grafts after hair transplant

I'm not one to write reviews or posts but I swore I would write 3 things following my HT 6 months ago if it was successful, as these caused me concern at the time and hopefully will help others. This is post 2.

In the whole HT process, this caused me the most anxiety.

My crusting didnt match the normal pattern. From reading many guidelines, they fall off between 7 and 10 days. So during that time, if I saw any flakes of skin in the sink after washing my hair, I assumed they were the crusts and everything was normal.

Then on day 10, suddenly it started. I can only describe it as like severe sunburn. On washing my hair, I was horrified to find lots of what looked like grafts floating in the sink.

The word "crust" or "scab" is not the right word for what I had. They were, to my eyes, identical to the grafts they had shown me in the clinic. Like small grains of rice. Not oval or "pin head" shaped but longer. They were white, and not dried blood like some people say crusts are.

On day 14, the night before going back to work, I took a hot bath and washed my hair to remove the remainder. There were hundreds of them floating around in the water. I showed my wife and showed her pictures of crusts on the internet from sites like this, and she agreed it didnt look good.

My clinic assured me that grafts are secure after 9 days (I watched the burnstein study video) but what went through my mind was that my body had mass rejected the grafts.

Anyway, I'm pleased to report 6 months later that everything is good. I don't have any patches that have not grown and do not believe any grafts did not take hold. My HT is better than I had ever hoped

As many people say, everyone is different. I hope this puts someone's mind at rest if they have the same symptoms.