+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some advice guys...

Hey guys i'm new to the new forum. I want to share my past experiences first and then i need some advice. I was on fin for about two years, i was on minoxidil for about a year. I have stopped both. It's been exactly a year since i stopped Minoxidil and its been about four months since i stopped fin. I stopped Fin because of horrible side effects. Loss of libido, weight gain, etc. Ever since i stopped i have gotten by libido back to normal, and also noticed drop in weight. Minoxidil gave me a bloated face, and dark circles under my eyes.

Now i am noticing that i am really losing ground, i am not on any medication right now and my hairloss is really picking up. I want to try alternative treatments to fin and minoxidil. I really don't want to get back on these two, especially after the horrible side effects.

My question to you guys is, how is RU...since i had side effects with fin, would i still get the same side effects with RU? will RU help me with regrowth?

Second question is about Saw Palmetto, does anyone have experience with this, and would this help me even a little?

I am a diffuse thinner by the way. Thinning/Balding basically on all parts on the top of my scalp

What about a product such as neogenic?

Any help would be appreciated guys, thank you.

Besides finasteride, dutasteride and (to a lesser extent) minoxidil, there's nothing that's going to get you anywhere if what you have is MPB. If your symptoms were indeed caused by finasteride and minoxidil and they aren't worth suffering for your hair, then there's nothing efficacious (as yet known) to replace them with.

Saw palmetto hasn't been proven efficacious for hair loss, and since the studies aren't there proving its efficacy either way, I personally won't bother with it. http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answ...ent-hair-loss/

Neogenic is an expensive way to not attack the root problem. Amazon Canada says it's 99% off at $82.00 down from around $10,000, which is hilarious and strange, but in any case it is not a DHT inhibitor, and at this juncture those are all that I would bother with. I guess people were throwing $100 a month at this Neogenic stuff, and honestly I'm sure I'd wince if I saw where it got them.

Thanks for the reply. What about RU? I have read some good and bad stuff on it. Do you have any experience with that