+ Reply to Thread

Default Dreaded M shape - NW 3

Can this be reveresed? I still have a few surviving hairs of where my hair used to be (about NW 1.5ish). I've been on Min for 10 months but now thinking of leaving due to damage to skin (wrinkles etc) i figure if it hasn't worked now then it's not!!

I started on Fin in late July orginally taking 0.25 every 3 days but I have since stepped this up to 0.33 every other day as I was noticing heavy shedding but this increase hasn't stopped it!! Now 3 months in I really want this shedding to stop so I hope I'm there!!

I was hoping to see lots of little white hairs popping through to indicate things were starting to turn around but there is nothing - just shedding

What and should I expect??

I really wanted atleast some positive turn around by Christmas!! It's strange how a year ago I was bummed out about my hair loss only now I'd love to have that hair line back!!

Thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by MancBoy View Post
    Can this be reveresed? I still have a few surviving hairs of where my hair used to be (about NW 1.5ish). I've been on Min for 10 months but now thinking of leaving due to damage to skin (wrinkles etc) i figure if it hasn't worked now then it's not!!

I started on Fin in late July orginally taking 0.25 every 3 days but I have since stepped this up to 0.33 every other day as I was noticing heavy shedding but this increase hasn't stopped it!! Now 3 months in I really want this shedding to stop so I hope I'm there!!

I was hoping to see lots of little white hairs popping through to indicate things were starting to turn around but there is nothing - just shedding

What and should I expect??

I really wanted atleast some positive turn around by Christmas!! It's strange how a year ago I was bummed out about my hair loss only now I'd love to have that hair line back!!

Thanks guys!!
    I think everyone here knows that feeling.

Using minoxidil without an anti-androgen is a waste of time. It may stimulate regrowth in the short term, but it's not doing anything to correct the problem. Some people will tell you that you are imagining the side effects, or that it's just a coincidence because you are aging. Based on my experience though minoxidil can wreak havoc on your skin. It definitely damaged mine. It could have been directly through the inhibition of collagen synthesis, or indirectly by damaging my liver because I used too much. What I know for sure is that the more I used the worse my skin got, and when I quit it got progressively better.

If your hair loss is progressing I would say up the dosage of finasteride, or try RU58841. Until you get the underlying problem of follicle damage under control you can quit minox and hopefully your skin will improve like mine has. When your hair stabilizes then you can add minox back in at a lower dosage to help with regrowth. For now minox really isn't doing anything for you except growing new hairs that will fall out anyways because your DHT isn't under control.