Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noisette
    • Jun 2013

the Patent : http://www.freepatentsonline.com/8906962.pdf

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
      • Sep 2014

If this turns out to work well, it could prove a lot with regards to prostaglandins and hair loss. Very exciting.

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by noisette
        I Find a document. It deals with a complaint for Patent Infringement : Duke University and Allergan Vs Atopex. Here : http://patentdocs.typepad.com/files/duke-v-apotex.pdf

"The Patent in suit :
        On December 9, 2014, the ’962 patent, entitled “Compositions and Methods for Treating Hair Loss Using Non-Naturally Occurring Prostaglandins,” issued to Duke University.
        A copy of the ’962 patent is attached to this Complaint as Exhibit A. "
        Allergan is suing them for patent infringment?

sounds interesting, maybe they really think theyre on to something with BIM here at a higher dose.

Comment

• beetee
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
          Because if the results of the phase IIb dose escalating study are far superior to minoxidil, this product would be pushed to market ASAP. Your quote is old and based on older information. Just wait until January, many things will come to light. I'm done going back and forth with you about nothing.
          I kew you'd say it was old. That estimate was based on their best case scenario of if they were able to move forward directly after the original Phase II, so you can add the same time period in that estimate to the completion date of this Phase II, so if anything it would be later. I look forward to your lack of response about "nothing" (and I thought we were talking about a release date and the evidence or lack of evidence that exists to support your claim). But then again, perhaps your strong desire for it to be released soon will somehow exert pressure into the universe that then speeds the process along and results in a package being delivered to your doorstep next Tuesday that contains fully developed Bimatoprost for Hair.

Comment

• TravisB
            • May 2012

Wouldn't it be cool if BIM in higher doses turned out to be so powerful that you wouldn't even need to take anti-DHT drugs with it?

Comment

• diffuseloser
              • Sep 2014

Sure would. We have a few promising options so let's just keep our fingers crossed that they don't fall through like every other treatment thus far. Can't keep happening forever right? I can't wait until we all have something positive to talk about and compare notes instead of bickering.

Comment

• inbrugge
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by beetee
                I kew you'd say it was old. That estimate was based on their best case scenario of if they were able to move forward directly after the original Phase II, so you can add the same time period in that estimate to the completion date of this Phase II, so if anything it would be later. I look forward to your lack of response about "nothing" (and I thought we were talking about a release date and the evidence or lack of evidence that exists to support your claim). But then again, perhaps your strong desire for it to be released soon will somehow exert pressure into the universe that then speeds the process along and results in a package being delivered to your doorstep next Tuesday that contains fully developed Bimatoprost for Hair.
                I don't know much about the business side of things, but common sense makes me doubt that they will wait a full 5 years to release this product after getting FDA approval and succesful results. And even in that case, we can look into duplicating their results through off-the-market methods since BIM is already available.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by beetee
                  ...didn't read and I don't care

Comment

• Illusion
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by TravisB
                    Wouldn't it be cool if BIM in higher doses turned out to be so powerful that you wouldn't even need to take anti-DHT drugs with it?
                    It doesn't work that way though, I believe. It has something to do with the different pathways of the drugs, their MoA and what actually causes MPB in the first place. I don't know enough about hair loss yet to confidently say this though, still need to learn a lot of things

Comment

• deuce
                      • May 2013

Hopefully this stuff comes out next year and has great results. Joe from SI said he believes they will have something next year and Spencer agreed. Spencer has to have some inside info right? Its just so hard to understand the FDA process and how long it takes.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
                        Doctor Representative
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Illusion
                        It doesn't work that way though, I believe. It has something to do with the different pathways of the drugs, their MoA and what actually causes MPB in the first place. I don't know enough about hair loss yet to confidently say this though, still need to learn a lot of things
                        Hitting hair loss with every known effective treatment in moderation appears to be the best strategy. I base this on patients I meet at Dr. Cole's office. One patient for example has a Norwood 6 twin brother and he himself has a decent amount of hair. There are no guarantees, but this is the best approach to date. Things are going to get better and relatively soon.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
                        The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
                        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
                          Hitting hair loss with every known effective treatment in moderation appears to be the best strategy. I base this on patients I meet at Dr. Cole's office. One patient for example has a Norwood 6 twin brother and he himself has a decent amount of hair. There are no guarantees, but this is the best approach to date. Things are going to get better and relatively soon.
                          Within the next few years, I sure hope so. All the work that's gone on with prostaglandins over the past number of years definitely makes me optimistic. Cotsarelis knew about the effects of PGD2 all the way back in 2007, maybe even earlier. The potential to reverse your hair loss completely via prostaglandin treatments is very exciting, because science has proven it.

Comment

• Seuxin
                            • Jan 2014

So, we need to wait for 5 years too ?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Seuxin
                              So, we need to wait for 5 years too ?

No, if we find out the vehicle and concentration you can make it yourself..but it will be expensive.

Comment

• Seuxin
                                • Jan 2014

Yes, Bim as powder si very very expensive, but, if the "real" bim for hair is released.
                                It will be in one year ? two year ? Any idea ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...