Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gjm127
    • Mar 2012

so 6 more years...? to finish phaseIIb and phase 3? This is depressing... It's already been tested for eyelashes, can't they bypass anything?

All I see that's real close is Replicel... funny how it used to be the furthest a year ago.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
      • Sep 2014

Next year for bim, not 6 years.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Bim will be out next year if the results are good, not 2020. I don't know where you got that false information.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
          • Sep 2014

All the rumors behind it also suggest that the results are excellent. Joe from SI called in to Spencer's show last week and had been hearing this was the case, and Spencer agreed with him fully.

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
            All the rumors behind it also suggest that the results are excellent. Joe from SI called in to Spencer's show last week and had been hearing this was the case, and Spencer agreed with him fully.
            That's a bit of a stretch. To them, any results are good results.

Comment

• Swooping
              • May 2014

He said that he'd been hearing that the results from the phase IIb bim study had excellent results, superior to minoxidil, and would have some people coming off Propecia and minoxidil to use it instead. Spencer actually said that he'd been hearing the same as well. However, the facts are only that Johnson and Johnson was at one point looking to buy Allergan (around April), but it didn't pan out. As we know also, Valeant was trying to buy Allergan, but that didn't happen, and yesterday Actavis did.

Actavis stated in the buyout that they believe that with this combination, they'll become a top-10 pharmaceutical company. Allergan's biggest revenue maker is botox at this point, and there is nothing in their pipeline that looks like it could be extremely popular or a cash-cow. Actavis purchased the company for 13 billion more than anyone else was willing to offer at $219 a share, and the stock even jumped.

Something's going on, yet it's easy to be doubtful until those results are posted.
              It didn't have superior results to minoxidil, minoxidil 5% outperformed bimatoprost on every concentration tested.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                • Sep 2014

So, then you know the results of the phase IIb studies that were just recently completed? Please share, we'd love to know.

Comment

• Swooping
                  • May 2014

So, then you know the results of the phase IIb studies that were just recently completed? Please share, we'd love to know.
                  Ah. Sorry that one I obviously don't know but i was meaning the clinical trial before 2b in which they had used 0.03% 0.1% and 0.3% bimatoprost on each 60 subjects each vs a placebo vehicle and minoxidil solution 5%. Minoxidil outperformed bimatoprost in that clinical trial (http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01325337)

I think in 2b they only trial 2 bimatoprost solutions and a placebo vehicle right? They don't compare to minoxidil (http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01904721)

If what you say is true they must be using a pretty high dosage I suppose. We'll see i guess hopefully they will post results again.

Comment

• sascha
                    • Feb 2014

The phase 2 study is over, results will be out in January 2015. I do not get the guys that come on this forum and do not even know whats going on, even if such things are adressed by JFSI every week on the show.

Comment

• beetee
                      • Nov 2013

For all those with questions about release date, see my reply to the very well informed FearTheLoss below.

Comment

• beetee
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                        Bim will be out next year if the results are good, not 2020. I don't know where you got that false information.
                        Don't know where I got the false information from? It's from David Pyott's own mouth. As you said about yourself a few posts ago, you "haven't been following bim much", so I will let you know who that is. He's the CEO of Allergan. Watch the following video starting at 3:22: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100702571.

Now make a post justifying your bold statements given your ignorance and the fact that they are completely contradicted by the CEO of the company of which you are speaking.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by beetee
                          Don't know where I got the false information from? It's from David Pyott's own mouth. As you said about yourself a few posts ago, you "haven't been following bim much", so I will let you know who that is. He's the CEO of Allergan. Watch the following video starting at 3:22: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100702571.

Now make a post justifying your bold statements given your ignorance and the fact that they are completely contradicted by the CEO of the company of which you are speaking.
                          Yes, but I know a lot about clinical trials and I can assure you that if they had a successful phase 2, it will not take more than 2 years to reach the market.

Comment

• Thinning@30
                            • Mar 2010

Yes, but I know a lot about clinical trials and I can assure you that if they had a successful phase 2, it will not take more than 2 years to reach the market.
                            How? If they just finished phase IIb and will start phase III next year, how can they be on the market in less than two years? This isn't like Replicel/Shiseido in Japan where phase III is waived for autologous stem cell treatments. Logistically, Allergan has to recruit a large group of people, run the trial, analyze the data, apply to the (US) FDA for approval. The CEO himself said 2020. If that is what the company is saying, I don't see how they could bring the product to market sooner.

I feel like there is so much in the way of glib statements and baseless speculation on these forums. If you have some insight into the clinical trial process, please share it.

Comment

• sascha
                              • Feb 2014

6 years for phase 3? hahahhaha genius at work. phase 3 lasts for 6 - 12 months.
                              Spencer Kobren said it himself. It is likely that we will see the release of BIM in 2015.

Comment

• beetee
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                                Ha, this place is great. So you guys know more about the business plans of allergan than the CEO of the company. Well, you and everyone else on here is free to believe whatever they want. I am going to continue to believe the CEO as he actually has direct knowledge of what's going on, as opposed to you guys, who have only a desperate desire that things go at the timeline that you want them to.

Comment

Working...