Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beetee
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
    Does anyone know if/why this would work well for diffuse thinners?
    No one even knows if this will work yet. The whole "Minoxidil on steroids" thing is something developed by people on these forums, not by the company or any actual hair researchers. Minoxidil is supposed to stop one from losing hair. Bimatoprost is supposed to change the qualities of the hair that is already growing.

The general idea is that if it worked at a minimum it would make existing hairs thicker, longer, and darker. So if diffuse thinners still had a lot of small hairs, then if it worked it would kind of bring these back to some extent. If the hair follicles between the ones that are more or less normal stopped growing almost completely a long time ago, then it would probably be less effective. This is the thinking expressed by the company and the researchers in charge of the project. But again, we do not know yet if it will work at all. There is also the possibility that it could generate new follicles (see this article: http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-96.../abstract?cc=y).

Comment

• Jasari
      • May 2011

In 2006 there was a range of products around 2-3 years away from being released [Which ultimately fizzled out] & that trend seems to have continued as long as I've been on these forums.

Is there any estimated release date on BIM? Or are we still only working with hypothetical release dates?

Comment

• beetee
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jasari
        In 2006 there was a range of products around 2-3 years away from being released [Which ultimately fizzled out] & that trend seems to have continued as long as I've been on these forums.

Is there any estimated release date on BIM? Or are we still only working with hypothetical release dates?
        No, same deal. There is a Phase 2b trial that is wrapping up now and hopefully we would hear the results of that trial soon. The CEO of the company had said a year and a half ago that it would probably be released in 2019-2020, but some members on here made up their own release dates.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by beetee
          No, same deal. There is a Phase 2b trial that is wrapping up now and hopefully we would hear the results of that trial soon. The CEO of the company had said a year and a half ago that it would probably be released in 2019-2020, but some members on here made up their own release dates.
          Dude, you're speculating just as much on here. The results will be posted next month, as they said. If the results are excellent, then you're saying a phase 3 and to market would take 5 years? OK.

Comment

• lilpauly
            • Feb 2012

We will know the results soon enough ! I have high hopes for it . It will be the most powerful growth stim .

Comment

• inbrugge
              • Oct 2013

what's the working mechanism of BIM.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by inbrugge
                what's the working mechanism of BIM.
                It's a PGF2 analog, it increases the rate of hair growth.

Comment

• inbrugge
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  It's a PGF2 analog, it increases the rate of hair growth.
                  Thanks, I thought PGE was hair growth and PGD was stopping hair growth. How are they related.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by inbrugge
                    Thanks, I thought PGE was hair growth and PGD was stopping hair growth. How are they related.
                    PGE and PGF2 work in a similar fashion. You are correct about PGD2

Comment

• Gjm127
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by lilpauly
                      We will know the results soon enough ! I have high hopes for it . It will be the most powerful growth stim .
                      this combined with CB (and niz) should be the new big 3. Comparable mechanism to Minox-Fin but much more effective duo.

Just a thought, imagine using minox, fin, cb and bim lol... I'm sure lilpauly would do it!

Comment

• Jazz1
                        Inactive
                        • Aug 2012

It is already available to try:

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Jazz1
                          That's a 0.03% solution, the product that will come out from hairloss will be minimum 1%, my guess is 5% although I havent seen trial results yet though!

only a few more weeks and we shall see

Comment

• Jazz1
                            Inactive
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
                            That's a 0.03% solution, the product that will come out from hairloss will be minimum 1%, my guess is 5% although I havent seen trial results yet though!

only a few more weeks and we shall see
                            Oh ok, I hope the stuff works would be a good addition to my regime.

Comment

• Jasari
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by beetee
                              I've been frequenting these forums since around 2006 and I know there have been advancements BUT… Each year really does seem like groundhog day.

We get a treatment, we hear 2-3 years for release, someone states that it likely won't come to fruition, someone else says "Do you really think we won't have xyz within a few years?", the product fizzles into obscurities, something new appears on the radar & the cycle continues.

I think I've actually been the optimist, pessimist and realist at one point or another.

Anyway, back on topic. I was just curious as to whether there was a concrete release date. Haven't been paying too much attention recently.

Comment

• lilpauly
                                • Feb 2012

It can be on the market very fast. Bim already went through many clinical trials already

Comment

Working...