+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pelopeleon View Post
    So, Do you think we will be able to buy bimatoprost x% from Asia markets in 2015?
    That I have no idea about. I'm just keeping my eye on the company and their potential product.

If any of you guys caught the latest bald truth radio show (it's been posted on youtube), Joe from SI called in and was very excited about bim, he seems to believe that the results of the phase IIb study is in part a big reason why allergan was bought by actavis. I agree with him, because it makes sense. If it far superior to minox, then bim will take over the market share of minox (guaranteed revenue). I personally have never used minox because the results were never that impressive, and to have to keep buying it is just ridiculous. 1/3 of the revenue coming in for allergan is from botox, and now just imagine a superior product to minoxidil that both men and women can use, it will make billions annually.

We know that bim inhibits PGD2, and according to Cotsarelis, PGD2 is what inhibits hair growth. It works amazingly on eyelashes, we know that. I think all of these developments are not coincidence, and everyone should be really excited about this.

there was some talk here about iris pigmentation being a side effect of bimatoprost.

But now I read that they (Allergan) is actually in Phase2 trials for using Bimatoprost INSIDE the eye (through an implant , but also topically):

Allergan has reviewed data from its Phase 2 clinical trials of bimatoprost sustained-release implant for the treatment of elevated intraocular pressure and glaucoma. Patients in this trial received a bimatoprost sustained-release implant in one eye and topical bimatoprost in the contralateral eye.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    If any of you guys caught the latest bald truth radio show (it's been posted on youtube), Joe from SI called in and was very excited about bim, he seems to believe that the results of the phase IIb study is in part a big reason why allergan was bought by actavis. I agree with him, because it makes sense. If it far superior to minox, then bim will take over the market share of minox (guaranteed revenue). I personally have never used minox because the results were never that impressive, and to have to keep buying it is just ridiculous. 1/3 of the revenue coming in for allergan is from botox, and now just imagine a superior product to minoxidil that both men and women can use, it will make billions annually.

We know that bim inhibits PGD2, and according to Cotsarelis, PGD2 is what inhibits hair growth. It works amazingly on eyelashes, we know that. I think all of these developments are not coincidence, and everyone should be really excited about this.
    Did Joe give reasons or evidence to support this or did he just think it would make sense that that's why they were interested in Allergan?

He said that he'd been hearing that the results from the phase IIb bim study had excellent results, superior to minoxidil, and would have some people coming off Propecia and minoxidil to use it instead. Spencer actually said that he'd been hearing the same as well. However, the facts are only that Johnson and Johnson was at one point looking to buy Allergan (around April), but it didn't pan out. As we know also, Valeant was trying to buy Allergan, but that didn't happen, and yesterday Actavis did.

Actavis stated in the buyout that they believe that with this combination, they'll become a top-10 pharmaceutical company. Allergan's biggest revenue maker is botox at this point, and there is nothing in their pipeline that looks like it could be extremely popular or a cash-cow. Actavis purchased the company for 13 billion more than anyone else was willing to offer at $219 a share, and the stock even jumped.

Something's going on, yet it's easy to be doubtful until those results are posted.

Its seems we have some finance savy people on this forums!

It would really be great if what you guys are saying about phase 2 results is true.
    The hairloss market potential is huuuuge, anyone who comes up with even half of "the cure™" is going to make billions.

For myself minox worked very well for a certain period of time then results deteriorated. Also i had side effects from it. Therefore if it is at least as good as minox its a great addition to anti baldness arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    He said that he'd been hearing that the results from the phase IIb bim study had excellent results, superior to minoxidil, and would have some people coming off Propecia and minoxidil to use it instead. Spencer actually said that he'd been hearing the same as well. However, the facts are only that Johnson and Johnson was at one point looking to buy Allergan (around April), but it didn't pan out. As we know also, Valeant was trying to buy Allergan, but that didn't happen, and yesterday Actavis did.

Actavis stated in the buyout that they believe that with this combination, they'll become a top-10 pharmaceutical company. Allergan's biggest revenue maker is botox at this point, and there is nothing in their pipeline that looks like it could be extremely popular or a cash-cow. Actavis purchased the company for 13 billion more than anyone else was willing to offer at $219 a share, and the stock even jumped.

Something's going on, yet it's easy to be doubtful until those results are posted.
    How would they hear that? I thought the phase 2 study isn't supposed to be finished until January?

No, the results of the study won't be posted until January. The 2nd phase of the study is complete.

Oh wow, that's great to hear. I haven't been following bim much, but I've heard from a few doctors that they've seen some results with it.

I hadn't been following it either (mostly because I'm more interested in a better fin alternative). But, I've been getting some really good news about bim, and because it inhibits PGD2, that makes me even more excited because I'm hoping something pans out with Follica and PGD2/GPR44 inhibitors.