+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

i had bought like three of these bottles from india. i never had enough of it though . hopefully a higher concentration will be more efficacious for scalp hair.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    This could work great, not at all, or somewhere in the middle. No one of these boards has any idea which it is. However, Allergan is very likely about to not be a company (or at least a standalone company) in the next two months, as it will either be taken over by Valeant or Actavis. Valeant has said they will totally decimate their research budget and use that money to pay for the acquisition and as profit to help pay their other debts. Actavis says they will leave it untouched. If you have any interest in this product, you really need to know that what happens in regards to who owns Allergan will most likely have a major impact on the future of this product going forward.
    I'll only be mad if the results end up being really good, or better than minoxidil but they still feel it's not good enough to release, because then it would be like taking an option away from us.

Would love to replace Minoxidil, stuff is near useless, it came out in the damn 80's! I've seen 0.03% BIM being used by some people and getting better results than with rogaine.

I'm definitely interested in this compound. Could be a really good complement to RU and help reverse follicle miniaturization. I want to learn more about its side effects and if topical application to the scalp would affect the eyes in anyway.

Another option sounds great. How much is it going to cost? I really don't want to play top dollar for minoxidil 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Another option sounds great. How much is it going to cost? I really don't want to play top dollar for minoxidil 2.0
    The CEO of Allergan said he will not release it unless it is far superior to minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I'll only be mad if the results end up being really good, or better than minoxidil but they still feel it's not good enough to release, because then it would be like taking an option away from us.

Would love to replace Minoxidil, stuff is near useless, it came out in the damn 80's! I've seen 0.03% BIM being used by some people and getting better results than with rogaine.
    You can use it now at like 5% for $70 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    You can use it now at like 5% for $70 a month.
    Has anyone actually done this yet though and get results?I havent heard many people use it yet.

I've seen people track results with 0.03% and use that for about 5-6 months and get solid thickening, so I'd imagine 5% would definitely be a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Has anyone actually done this yet though and get results?I havent heard many people use it yet.

I've seen people track results with 0.03% and use that for about 5-6 months and get solid thickening, so I'd imagine 5% would definitely be a little better.
    to me it looks like it's a harmless growth stimulant... I make the parralel like this:

CB for acne is to CB for hairloss
    what
    BIM for eyelashes (0.03%) is to BIM for hairloss (5%)

Since the one for eyelashes has no sides, I doubt the 5% could for hairloss if it's spread out across the whole scalp

There's definitely reason to think it could work. When they announced the results of the first trial, they said it had resulted in growth but not enough. Still, some growth is some growth, and carried with it the possibility of greater growth if it could be targeted more efficiently. There were two studies conducted as well with promising results. One I can't find now (will check the files) that was small scale but found that there was regrowth with the possibility of the creation of new hair follicles (so not just thickening existing), and that was in the original formulation. This is in itself not determinative but is certainly interesting. Another study in the FASEB journal (search bimatoprost and the journal name in google scholar) found regrowth in mice (big deal, I know) and extracted human hair follicles. It is interesting. Allergan now seems to be interested in trying to sell to Actavis which would be very good for the future of this product. Hopefully the could win a bidding war with the scumbags Valeant.

Sounds good. But, there were risks of changes in iris pigmentation, right?