Bimatoprost finishing up Phase IIb trial!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
    I'll only be mad if the results end up being really good, or better than minoxidil but they still feel it's not good enough to release, because then it would be like taking an option away from us.

Would love to replace Minoxidil, stuff is near useless, it came out in the damn 80's! I've seen 0.03% BIM being used by some people and getting better results than with rogaine.
    You can use it now at like 5% for $70 a month.

Comment

• rdawg
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
      You can use it now at like 5% for $70 a month.
      Has anyone actually done this yet though and get results?I havent heard many people use it yet.

I've seen people track results with 0.03% and use that for about 5-6 months and get solid thickening, so I'd imagine 5% would definitely be a little better.

Comment

• Gjm127
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
        Has anyone actually done this yet though and get results?I havent heard many people use it yet.

I've seen people track results with 0.03% and use that for about 5-6 months and get solid thickening, so I'd imagine 5% would definitely be a little better.
        to me it looks like it's a harmless growth stimulant... I make the parralel like this:

CB for acne is to CB for hairloss
        what
        BIM for eyelashes (0.03%) is to BIM for hairloss (5%)

Since the one for eyelashes has no sides, I doubt the 5% could for hairloss if it's spread out across the whole scalp

Comment

• beetee
          • Nov 2013

There's definitely reason to think it could work. When they announced the results of the first trial, they said it had resulted in growth but not enough. Still, some growth is some growth, and carried with it the possibility of greater growth if it could be targeted more efficiently. There were two studies conducted as well with promising results. One I can't find now (will check the files) that was small scale but found that there was regrowth with the possibility of the creation of new hair follicles (so not just thickening existing), and that was in the original formulation. This is in itself not determinative but is certainly interesting. Another study in the FASEB journal (search bimatoprost and the journal name in google scholar) found regrowth in mice (big deal, I know) and extracted human hair follicles. It is interesting. Allergan now seems to be interested in trying to sell to Actavis which would be very good for the future of this product. Hopefully the could win a bidding war with the scumbags Valeant.

Comment

• Pelopeleon
            • May 2014

Sounds good. But, there were risks of changes in iris pigmentation, right?

Comment

• rdawg
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Pelopeleon
              Sounds good. But, there were risks of changes in iris pigmentation, right?
              I think that was more associated with the eyelash version of the drug as it could easily get into your eyes when youre putting it there!

Comment

• beetee
                • Nov 2013

I personally am not too worried about eye pigmentation. I think a lot of people in the earlier stages of HL want everything to be exactly how it would have been if they 'd never lost any hair. Wait till you get further down the line. If you still care about HL, you'd sacrifice maintaining your current hue of eye pigmentation without a thought . But like rdawg says, shouldn't be too much of an issue anyway.

Comment

• beetee
                  • Nov 2013

Anyone with doubts about what kind of company valeant is and what could happen if they succeed in taking over allergan, check the first posting in the "CB probably isn't that great" thread.

Comment

• gladiator
                    • Feb 2012

Hey,
                    I have been in contact with a company in Australia who have radio adds for hair and skin treatment s , I called them on the way home .
                    The owner speaks to you directly for ages about hairloss and future treatments .
                    Anyway he makes bimatrapost @ 1.5 Mls .
                    He said he has a compounding pharmacy who make it into a lotion .
                    He knows his shit !
                    You get a perscription and he takes care of the rest !
                    He said the treatment is getting mega results !
                    I'd give it a go but it's $1800 for 6 months .
                    Then after 1 year you are done and can kick back with a pdg2 shampoo and a stimulator !
                    Sounds easy .
                    I'm not selling anything but if anyone is interested I can post a link !

Comment

• joel203
                      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by gladiator
                      Hey,
                      I have been in contact with a company in Australia who have radio adds for hair and skin treatment s , I called them on the way home .
                      The owner speaks to you directly for ages about hairloss and future treatments .
                      Anyway he makes bimatrapost @ 1.5 Mls .
                      He said he has a compounding pharmacy who make it into a lotion .
                      He knows his shit !
                      You get a perscription and he takes care of the rest !
                      He said the treatment is getting mega results !
                      I'd give it a go but it's $1800 for 6 months .
                      Then after 1 year you are done and can kick back with a pdg2 shampoo and a stimulator !
                      Sounds easy .
                      I'm not selling anything but if anyone is interested I can post a link !
                      Shut up

Comment

• lilpauly
                        • Feb 2012

i think they are goingto have a anoter clincal study using a stronget strength!

Comment

• lilpauly
                          • Feb 2012

Any1 try Lanaport

Comment

• rambo007
                            • Oct 2014

Not good news

Information and advice on hair loss, the treatments that work, and the ones that don't Plus photos, videos and comments from hair loss treatment users

Comment

• locke999
                              • Jul 2013

Phase 3 is the most expensive and where companies fail the most.

I wouldn't get my hopes up until any of these companies are even in the middle of phase 3.

Comment

• lilpauly
                                • Feb 2012

Latanoprost 22% Density Increase.

Comment

Working...