+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    We have no idea about how much this is going to cost, the 300 to 500 price range is a simple guess of what we beleive this should cost but if it becomes a reality the price can be totally different
    Let's wait to get information about the actual results and then we can worry about pricing
    Hopefully they will let us known phase 2 results before the end of the month
    I'm personally more interested in how bimatoprost works. Same goes for minoxidil.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I'm personally more interested in how bimatoprost works. Same goes for minoxidil.

Chuck
    I am only interested in if bimatoprost works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I am only interested in if bimatoprost works or not.
    This NCBI article indicates that after this lady stopped using bimatoprost, the hair didn't go away. She was using the medication in her eyes as opposed to applying it directly to the areas shown in the photos where hair growth occurred. Quote from article/study:

"Though the patient always had minimal non-vellus hair growth in the same regions, this had increased in number, thickness and length after starting bimatoprost [Figure 1]. The patient's IOPs were maintained at target level. The patient's medical history was unremarkable with no intake of any other drugs. The prostaglandin analogue was stopped and instead dorzolamide and timolol fixed combination was started. When the patient came seven months later, the hair growth did not show significant reduction."

Click image for larger version

Name:	BM-side-by-side.jpg

Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	37023

Article HERE

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

My English language skills is not good enough to fully understand the article, but unwanted facial hair is pretty common for elderly ladies. How do they know that its the bimatoprost that is the reason behind that facial hair?

The article doesn't go into a lot of detail about that:

"Though hypertrichosis of lashes is a regular side effect, hirsutism as seen in our patient is very rare. The patient had a few terminal (non-vellus) hairs in the chin area and upper lip before commencing bimatoprost but they have increased in number, thickness and length after the treatment. Hypertrichosis of eyelashes is reported to be more and occurs earlier with bimatoprost. The resting follicles (telogen phase) are stimulated to growing follicles (anagen phase) due to interaction of the drugs with the prostanoid receptors in the hair follicle. The anagen phase of eyelashes may be prolonged which could increase their length. This same mechanism would apply for localized hypertrichosis elsewhere."

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    This NCBI article indicates that after this lady stopped using bimatoprost, the hair didn't go away. She was using the medication in her eyes as opposed to applying it directly to the areas shown in the photos where hair growth occurred. Quote from article/study:

"Though the patient always had minimal non-vellus hair growth in the same regions, this had increased in number, thickness and length after starting bimatoprost [Figure 1]. The patient's IOPs were maintained at target level. The patient's medical history was unremarkable with no intake of any other drugs. The prostaglandin analogue was stopped and instead dorzolamide and timolol fixed combination was started. When the patient came seven months later, the hair growth did not show significant reduction."

Attachment 37023

Article HERE

Of course, since for her it's a side effect... they make it look bad by saying it's an adverse event that became permanent with time, I'm not surprised.

Well we should know the results within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm very excited but trying to remain cautiously optimistic. If it proves superior to minox, I don't care what it costs I will start using it.

About the grey market Bim from Kane... I was wondering, the price of RU also dropped significantly in the last 2-3 years right? Could the same scenario be likely to happen for Bim? As others have said, if Bim proves to be superior to minox I really want to start using it but the price is definitely a problem for me (student life ftw)

i wonder if it will be able to regrow temple points ( mine have faded a bit )

I wonder how we would use it in conjunction with Minox... Also, for the first time ever, we might have a hair loss treatment that's not meant for continuous use (for lasting results...). I wonder how that would work.