+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    Yes, dramatically you'd have to assume that if the investors like what they see.

This would be a monopoly on the market, FIN is the only alternative and Minoxidil is practically useless.
    It is, and the fact that it's seen as a viable treatment option is laughable. It's nothing but another bit of snake oil.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    I have seen some impressive finasteride results. Hopefully you're not using the generic version that can be purchased online without a prescription.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck
    Hey Chuck, have you ever heard of anyone switching from generic fin to brand name and had a lessening of sides etc? I've had tremendous success with generic, but there are the sides. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    It is, and the fact that it's seen as a viable treatment option is laughable. It's nothing but another bit of snake oil.
    I've seen minor positive results from users, but 99% of them were older, and did not have agressive loss.

Ive yet to see a guy that was young and started using it as he was thinning out and get results.

for me i use it as it gives a slight thickening affect to my hair the next day when I apply it, nothing major or too noticable, but just slightly better than if I dont use it.

BIM on the other hand seems very promising, at least from grey market results at a low dose.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I've seen minor positive results from users, but 99% of them were older, and did not have agressive loss.

Ive yet to see a guy that was young and started using it as he was thinning out and get results.

for me i use it as it gives a slight thickening affect to my hair the next day when I apply it, nothing major or too noticable, but just slightly better than if I dont use it.

BIM on the other hand seems very promising, at least from grey market results at a low dose.
    A friend of mine was using Latisse on her eyelashes but was sloppy about applying it. As a result she started sprouting some thick hairs on the side of her face. The stuff is pretty powerful even at a low dose.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    If this turns out to work well, it could prove a lot with regards to prostaglandins and hair loss. Very exciting.
    I agree its exciting just to see how well the prostaglandins approach might work. It also makes you curious about further research into pgd 2 to see if removing bad ones combined with increasing good ones like this has some exponential effect.
    The prostaglandins approach could be a cure if you untangled the right combinations you needed.

Anxious

Does anyone know the date clinical trial results are released?

Yeah I wonder when they're going to publish results... As far as I know, the study is finished in january so I don't know how long it takes to collect and publish data? I could be wrong though about the study itself being finished in january and not necessarily the results being posted in january.

Have you seen this clinical trial by Duke University? There are results published on July 2014.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...ect=X01256#all

Quote Originally Posted by noisette View Post
    Have you seen this clinical trial by Duke University? There are results published on July 2014.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...ect=X01256#all
    How come we haven't seen this yet if it was published months ago?
    Results are very good with 0.03%... I can't imagine what higher concentrations would yield!

This is a Duke University study and it says it's for Phase 2. It's been completed with great results. Phase 2? They're actually going through the FDA gates?

Is Latisse coordinating it? How about the trials that were supposed to be completed in January '15?

Results Point of Contact:
    Name/Title: Dr. Elise Olsen
    Organization: Duke University Medical Center
    phone: 919-668-5613
    e-mail: elise.olsen@dm.duke.edu

Can we contact her and find out more?